Management Consulting Firms

Hi guys, I’ve never been much of a poster but I come and read you every day (well, for those who were not banned at least). Do you know if there is one (or several) Management Consulting Firms which are more renowned for their expertise in Financial Services ? For someone with work experience, would joining such a Firm entail working on assignments for various industries or would they rather use you to cover client within your sector of expertise ? Thks

bouh22 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For someone with work experience, would joining > such a Firm entail working on assignments for > various industries or would they rather use you to > cover client within your sector of expertise ? > Thks I worked at one of them, and in my experience they try to build knowledge groups in a particular industry, line of service, and company if possible. So after your first assignment you’ll belong to one knowledge group. Internal mobility to different industries/knowledge groups depends on both staffing requirements and who knows you inside the firm. It’s common among managers/partners say: “you know, I like this guy bouh22. I’ll take him if it’s available”.

Thanks. That’s what I thought but I wondered if it varied from Firm to Firm. Do you mind sharing which one you used to work at ?

Well, as you read every day you already know the rules. I’ll say if: i) you’re a chick, and ii) you’re at least moderately b@ngable, and iii) you’re not a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals, and iv) You have Facebook with pictures in it. If so, you may post your e-mail to reach you on FB.

well… I ain’t not chick… so that’s a big no no I guess :wink: Esteban Ochocinco is funny enough but I hope the Steelers will thrash the bungles this WE !