Manila's commutes from Hell

i am well versed in la traffic from the suburbs of southbay, to the high class part of century city/ucla (dtla is for poors/usc).

anyways with traffic. commute one way can range

from 15 minutes (2am to 6 am) when there is no traffic

to about 2 hrs (7am to 10am or 4 pm to 7pm). this is the worst of traffic.

a typical drive during rush hr on avg is prolly an hr and 15. one way.

my drive round trip is about an hr. 20 min around 5:30am, and around 40 min at 1:30pm.

yep on avg. give or take 15 minutes on both sides.

m y commute is 45min on the subway. I don’t mind it, i usually read a book and people watch. It’s actually pretty relaxing. I couldn’t do 45min each way if I had to drive.

i think standard is 45 hrs (including lunch and a break). 8:30 to 5:30. colloquially known as 9 to 5.

those were my hours at a consulting firm. which sucked dick cuz i drove for 2 hrs and 30 mins each day.

every now and then we’d work to 9 pm. but they’d buy us dinner.

Commuting in NY was stressful for me. Not only are commutes to the suburbs long, but they can have several stages…train to another train to your car, etc. Making it worse is that it can be unpredictable, and you pick up the stress and frustrations of other people and arrive home in a crap mood. In Hong Kong and Singapore my commute is a steady eddy 25 minutes by walk and 10 by train. It is such a relief, never have to deal with a rush hour.