Manufacturing Finance led to IB?

Hi ppl, I was planning to go to investment but i was working as IT in manufacturing so i still finding hard to break into investment line(btw i will be taking lvl 2 this year june), but my company has position for Cost Analyst (Manufacturing Finance), how would you think this job will help me into getting into investment line after working said… 1 year after the job? Anyone come from a similar background before? I would think the the cost modeling and asset pricing will help me into getting into it… your comment appreciated… Job Description • Maintain, innovate and execute product costing model to reflect current product flows, manufacturing processes and materials consumption • Coordinate with manufacturing personnel to identify allocation drivers that affect product costing • Interpret and transform manufacturing intricacies into financial intelligence for manufacturing managers and provide feedback for improvement • Inventory reconciliation, cost allocation and valuation processes, and related accounting transactions • Establish and maintain accounting policies and internal controls to ensure completeness and accuracy of accounting records • Support reporting requirements of local operations to management and IM Flash Singapore parent companies Qualifications • Diploma / Degree (or equivalent) in Accounting or Finance or Engineering or Mathematics or related field is required. • Cost modeling and inventory accounting experience preferred. • Understand tools and techniques of costing or valuation or Asset Pricing • Ability to work across various areas of the business, including effective communication with people of different backgrounds and levels Confident, proactive, tenacious, enthusiastic, quantitative, goal and results oriented

No offense, but work on your writing skills. Also, I don’t think this job will get you any closer to IB. You’ll need to go to b-school first and score well before you’ll ever be considered.

If one has quality experience in feasibility and bidding for PPP projects. Then is it suffiecient for breaking into IB ??