Marathon Study Weekend.....Alpha!

I prefer below waist massage only. That way they don’t know how jacked up my back is!

soooo unmotivated today even though there’s lots to do so close to the finish line. I miss socializing. for today - finishing up review of equity/FI and then planning on taking CFAI '07 exam must fit ethics in at some pt this wknd…

The plan for the weekend: -Finished reading the Secret Sauce last night -Re-Read Study Sessions 1 & 2 in the Secret Sauce this morning. -Just took the CFA Mock exam, scored 70%. I would’ve destroyed it if not for the performance attribution stuff. That will be a matter of just memorizing the formulas, as apparently I haven’t done that yet. -Plan on reviewing the Mock shortly. -I will put together a formula sheet tonight. Sunday: -Re-Read Study Session 6 (Capital Markets) -Take & Review Schweser 2 AM Monday: -Re-Read Study Sessions 4 & 5 (IPS stuff) -Take & Review Schweser 3 AM

Just read over 2004 AM exam… that foundation question is the exact type I can see them throwing on the exam… noticeably harder than any foundation that Schweser shows… lots of good calcs in that question… would recommend looking at it if you have 2004 exam…

final Mock today. Review old test tomorrow. Review notes, week areas Monday. Fly to grandfather’s funeral Tuesday AM, study on plane (re-read ethics), come back Thursday and review a little. Work lots friday (not studying much), and well, you know the rest.

^ sorry for your loss man. When I was taking L1, I was sitting night and day in the hospital reading as my grandfather was dying…tough times. Good luck to you.

geeze man, sorry to hear about your grandpa

calling it off for night. See you tomorrow

need to wrap up performance evaluation review in the next few hours. Then probably go for a nice run in the 90 degree heat along the beachfront and check out the scenery. Then back to my conference room for the dreaded 2009 am paper. Sorry to hear about that Kevin.

worked into the evening hours yesterday, and did 2006 CFAI am around mid-night. Got around 75% - not too bad. Though I get worried because my handwriting is messy and I tend to write too precisely comparing to the guidance answers. Today, work whole day till evening hour. then, do 2007 CFAI am. Tomorrow, work half day to finish off the project. Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri = ALL CFA!!!

how is everyone doing so far this weekend? working through all FI EOC questions now… then a nice rib dinner, then back at it for some equity EOC review… Tomorrow will be nothing but Risk and Derivs…

IPS all day

Horrible. I didn’t sleep well last night and haven’t been able to focus all day… was supposed to take 2008 but I had two topics I needed to review first and I’m only a fraction of the way through the first. I know I do my best work after 5 but looks like I’m in for a long night…

That is why I hate to study at night. Next day is basically a waste because of low productivity. You don’t need to study anymore Aimee. You are already pass. Scoring 92% is not a joke.

Actually I went to bed at 12-12:30, that’s really not late. I just could not physically fall asleep for a couple of hours after that… this starts happening to me a lot in the last week leading up to the exams, though :frowning: Last year I even resorted to taking sleep pills to try and get some sleep but it really didn’t do anything to help. I went into the L2 exam with probably about 3 hours of sleep and not by choice!! And you guys really need to chill with that already. My average score prior to that mock is 68%, and I even managed to tank one with a 59%… nowhere near “comfortable” imo. In fact the volatility of everyone’s scores this year seems a bit worrying… unfortunately I feel like there will be some luck involved depending on what topics they decide to test. Here’s hoping that whoever wrote that last mock wrote the questions for the real thing too :slight_smile:

I have also noticed a pretty wide range of scores, which is scary because it shows how tied you are to what type of question is on the exam… Despite only scoring a 65% on Book 2 exam 3 PM I am pretty satisfied with my schweser PM scores… for the 6 exams plus 1 live mock, my scores were 72, 83, 75, 75, 73, 65, 72… Even though they are just above passing, I would rather see that than a very wide range of scores… lot of work left to do though, but I still have about 50 hours of studying ahead of my this week, so plenty of time

Nice scores boston! Probably means you’ve studied pretty evenly up to this point. All of my worst scores involved derivatives, alternatives, or behavioral finance, so at least I know what to work on!!

Aimee - I went through the same thing today. Got an early start, was going to get through performance attribution by noon, go for run, take a break and then do the 2009 am paper. Well, when I finally got through with that damn global performance attribution, it was 2:30 and my brain was fried, so I went for my run, hit the gym and stopped back at home, watched my daughter play with sidewalk chalk for the first time, and here I am back at this unairconditioned office, ready to go. As for scores, for me this is just like Levels I and II. No matter what 99% of the time my practice exams will be in the 68-74% range. Hopeful for same results on Saturday. It is hard to focus, long hours of study, our brains our tired, but keep working! I’ll start to wind it down on Thursday so no rest right now!

Institutional IPS, past exams IPS (last 4 years) and Mock reviews (2009 and 2010). TOKEN (as bchadwick says)

Did Schweser 2 AM, scored 70%. Did Mock yesterday and scored 70%. By no means do I feel overconfident as the high-low range from my best topics and worst topics is quite wide.