Marc LeFebvre and LevelUp Bootcamps

Marc LeFebvre is a genius first of all… the guy has Mensa level IQ.

I doubt anyone in the entire world knows the level 3 curriculum better… It almost disturbing how he memorizes the page numbers for every concept / EOC/ BB. Learn from the best should be his motto

Impressive, but who the fugg is Marc Faber?

^^^ lol… *LeFebvre

​​​​​​Marc Faber is a different investment guru

Any ideas on what to expect from Marc’s video on-demand series launching in October? Is this going to be a full course or some short videos on specific topics? Thoughts on price? I’m trying to decide if / how to fit these videos into my study efforts.

BTW, this is my first post. I failed level 3 last year, band 8, using only CFA material. I performed very well in the PM and bombed the AM. I’m hoping to finish this off in 2017. I intend to use some study materials this time and also participate on AF.

Thank you.

Marc is fantastic. He has an enviable level of knowledge of the curriculum. (At least from a candidate’s perspective)

His dissection of the curriculum makes it more bearable and makes it easier to navigate your studying.

And…he bought us pizza one night. (NY crew)

That said, in the eloquent words of Jay-Z about Hollywood, ‘it ain’t for everybody’. If you don’t feel the need to go, don’t. I’m pretty sure he’s going to be alright.

^^^ I’m not trying to debate his worthiness or if “he’s going to be alright”. That topic has been very well covered on this thread. What I’m asking is does anyone have any insight on what his video series launching in October might look like. His website does not provide much detail. For example, it is not apparent if it will be a paid course or just some you tube videos. There is no launch date, and no overview. Clearly his best marketing is word of mouth because his website doesn’t cut it.

'Stros,

You should email Marc. Pretty sure he’ll tell you.

^^^I was speaking generally and not specifically in response to your question.

To answer your question, I don’t know what exactly will be in his video series. If it contains his actual teachings, I would deem it to be beneficial. Shoot him and email on his website and i’m sure he will happily share. He’s pretty responsive.

I thought the Schweser videos he did were average at best…pretty dissapointing actually. I found them in unengaging and didn’t actually explain things very well.

It’s interesting that some people can be excellent instructors in a live class, yet poor instructors on video.

When I was at Stalla, I had a friend who was – indeed, still is – an awesome instructor in a live class, whose first attempts at videos were awful. (And he’d be the first to admit that they were.)

I’ve never seen Marc on video, so I cannot comment on his skill there, but I know that he’s a dynamic, engaging teacher in the classroom. Let’s hope that that translates to video.

(The first video I ever did for Stalla was for a Level III mock exam: explaining the solutions to the questions. We were in a studio with a professional videographer filming me as I sat at a desk. During the lunch break he came over to me and said, “That was _ really _ interesting! I didn’t understand a word you said, but it was really interesting!” For whatever it’s worth, my teaching persona is extremely different from my everyday persona; it’s very close to my performing (as a magician) persona.)

who is this guy in the picture ?

#sorry it seem picture post not working on AF new version.

i put the link manually now…

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yo8e6j67eo3tmm4/schweser%20instrcutor.JPG?dl=0

Got me.

I didn’t realize it before, but he ran with me for about 300 miles - I was listening to his Videos on my Ipod while running. He’s the guy that did the GIPS readings and is definitely above average. Thank you Marc, I wouldnt have passed without you! I remember Bone and Hetherington and they were a pain. Best one out there is Holmes. But he doesnt do any L3 Videos afaik.

re: “Is Marc Lefavabre the best lockdown CFA Level 3 teacher in the game?”

I passed all 3 exams the first time through, and used the CFA curriculum and the Kaplan/Schweser materials. For level 2 and level 3 I also attended the Dallas 5-day workshop offered by Kaplan/Schweser. Marc taught a couple of days of the level 2 seminar which I found to be less-than-helpful. I actually left the seminar two days early, on Wednesday, because I felt it was a waste of time (too high level, limited clarification on topics I found more challenging, etc.). I even talked to Marc and asked him to convince me that staying would pay dividends. He didn’t, but said to consider the level 3 class the next year as that class would be very helpful. That was the best thing I learned from Marc’s Level 2 review.

The next year I took the 5-day review from Kaplan/Schweser for level 3 which was VERY helpful. Greg Filbeck taught most of the class, and was head-and-shoulders above any Kaplan instructor that I have had. He knows the material inside and out, is a very concise and clear communicator, taught me how to write the a.m. session of the level 3 test, and taught me to stay in the fairway of the material. I had seen 6 or 7 of the Kaplan instructors live and in-person, and another 4-6 on the videos, including guys like Andy Holmes and Marc Lefevre, and will attest that I found Dr. Filbeck to be by far the most helpful.

Going to the Marc’s Bootcamp for level 3 is like studying the Bible with Jesus - he’d didn’t write the book, but knows better than anyone else how to apply it against the devil (the CFA exam in this case).

Well, I sent Mark a request for info through his website contact page and never heard back from him regarding his video series starting in October. I think I’m going to go with Schwesher and then maybe go to his boot camp. Hopefully Marc’s video series will be free or relatively inexpensive so I can tack it on also.

Future value of human capital my friend. If the charter increases your pay more than $180 annually for 30 years, assuming a discount rate of 8%, I would say it is a good investment.

I liked when this site had the number of posts the user has. When a user has a 1000 posts, you can trust it more. Then you know when it’s a real candidate or just his bootcamp leaving these messages.

1 Like

I’m have no doubt his bootcamp is great, but the excessive marketing and ridiculous markup compared with other providers really puts me off