Marc or Mark?

Yep, same thing for L2! The same question over and over again.

Thank you for the kind wishes and all the information :slight_smile:

It was s2000, who is a regular on this site. The mocks were basically a combination of the previous official mocks but tested the material well, so I was satisfied. The only issue I had after the exam is that I felt like they put less emphasis on areas that had been well tested previously, hence u had over prepared them. My ultimate advice is to use the cfai as your main source and go through the examples embedded in the text, not just the blue boxes

Never think to much mock exam from 3rd party bad for you after you done with relevant past CFAI old exam 2006-2019, BB, EOC, CFAI Qbank.

I cannot thank you more from 2nd mock exam AM grading service from Daren Miler (https://www.fintalex.com) --> i am his 100 first subcriber so i got buy 1 get 2 for his grading mock , there is one very similiar question on real exam.

And also 1 question from Boston mock exam also very similiar

https://www.cfasociety.org/washingtondc/Pages/CFA%20Boston%20Mock%20CFA%20Exam.aspx

who knows maybe if i never attempt that mock exams above i cannot answer on real exam !

bear in mind i only prepare the exam with 2.5 months while also doing my Master Degree (class every friday night & saturday morning 8.00 AM until 16.00 PM)

I used Marc and Level Up and if you want to pass the first time, I suggest you start early, focus on the curriculum and don’t take shortcuts. Marc’s materials were key for me to focus on the curriculum and as I’ve said many times, there’s no magic bullet beyond hard work focused in the right way. I would start in October slowly (not full speed like in the spring). I watched Marc’s videos before work and on my commute starting last fall. You need to go to the boot camp to get his old essay exam and IPS book - both are very helpful.

I can’t speak to Mark’s materials, though they sound very short cut, other than the mocks, which I’ve read were very good.

I probably could have passed using another provider and starting later. But, I was intent on passing the first time and between work and other responsibilities, I knew starting early and working hard would get me there, so that’s what I did.

Good luck!

The mocks were written by an external party.

MM had to rewrite some questions because they were bad.

Yeah I said it’s ridiculous since most people who start that early would most likely to pass without help since that’s way pass the 300 hours requirement; I started in mid March and used MM, thought his videos are great and that’s all you need. Level up is over priced with an inflated name.

I watched Mark Meldrum videos and also Marc Levebre and went to his bootcamp and used Schweser and still failed. I passed level I and level II on the first try. So frankly I have no clue. Just saying that all these providers are not the holy grail. Take all of this with a grain of salt. If I do decide to retake this aweful thing… I will probably go with IFT videos since he helped me pass Level II on the first try and just read the CFAI material only. It is so dry and I got by without reading it for Level I and II but guess got unlucky this time around.

If you decide to take the exam again (and I hope you do), Marc’s videos, slide book and other focus book work though the curriculum, so I’d think that would help you get though without reading every word. I’ve read elsewhere that IFT is pretty good for focusing on the curriculum as well. Others have said MM’s videos short-cutted the details of the curriculum and maybe that had something to do with failing. Good luck to you!

Odd place to put this, particularly since I passed this year, but I’m still a little sour/annoyed with the boston mock exam bc I didn’t check the corrections and one of the Qs had an error that I replicated on the exam… incorrectly. Just be sure to check the error correction pages for all providers bc it could have been costly.

Also I used levelup, worth the money in my opinion.

How about Marque?

Which part of the world you are from ?

The land, I suspect.

Does mark Meldrum sell his mocks separately?

yes, for 2018 i bought his video only --> failed

for 2019 i solely bought his mock exam (written by S2000) after read 125mph post.

but i don’t stop at there only, i also bought 3 mock exam from fitch learning ($50) and 8 mock exams from bloomberg.

If there is one, I would try it :smiley: I sent you a private message asking some questions, would appreciate it if you could get back to me, or I could put the questions here? They are not related to CFA content, but rather about the grading and mocks.

Thanks

UAE, Dubai… Marc used to do some bootcamps there, but he doesn’t anymore. Plus, honestly, I am not the type of person who learns veyr fast and around others. I am not social and I like to take my time, so the bootcamps are probably a bad idea for me anyway regardless of the location.

Can you give us a feedback on the mocks? So that I would consider them in my L3 preparation

Thanks

You got it right, I wonder how did you know!

I think the problem was not the prep provider. Maybe you didn’t get to understand how to answer the AM session. How were your scores? How many hours did you put in? How were your mocks before the exam?