Mark Meldrum Mocks

Anyone else use these or doing them? I took the first of four yesterday and got a 50 on AM and 76 on PM. Found both AM and PM extremely difficult.

You are not the only one. 45% AM 73% PM here on 1 of 4. You did very good on PM, though, so with a little bit more practice you should be fine.

Took the second one today. Did better on AM but worse on PM. 62 AM and 63 PM. I’ve been reading that MM’s are harder than both CFAI and Kaplan, so hopefully that would be a pass. Still not quite comfortable yet though.

I also wonder what the weaker candidate pool due to COVID is going to do to MPS with there not being any NYC, LA, SF, Chicago etc.

That is still (in my personal opinion) a comfortable grade above passing. My exam 2 AM is 49%, though I recoup some of that destruction through the PM.

I doubt there will be much of a change to the MPS due to candidate pool (it will be more affected by how difficult the exam is vis-a-vis other years). The change that I am more curious about is the passing %. All the December takers have been studying this exam (admittedly on and off) for a good part of the year. I think (read: hope) that the higher preparedness translates to a higher passing %, and not a higher MPS.

I did a little worse than you guys. My range for AM is 36-58 and 58-65 for PM. I already completed the four exams.

For the 36 percent AM grade, just look at where you bombed and revise until you’re comfortable with it 50 percent and or above is where while I think it’s possible to improve, it will probably be marginal. pretty much everyone either scores in the 50-mid 60s range for AM that passes. for PM though, you probably want to shoot for mid-high 70s. i’m not very happy with my score on PM mock two but I will say some of the questions weren’t fair or just poorly worded.

Make sure to go over all questions in the PM to read and see if they were actually fair. There have been about 3-5 each PM for MMs exams that I’ve taken were they were just kind of crappy questions with more than one right answer tbh. CFAI, as you know being a Level III candidate will never ask tricky or confusing questions. And if they do and enough people get it wrong or complain, they will remove it from grading.

2 Likes

Not sure the pool was weaker. I imagine many who were very comfortable about passing would have flown to Tampa, or Omaha or somewhere to take the test,while those who were less confident would wait till May. Also I know someone who was a grader for level 3 and he said the Asian candidates always had perfect answers. I think this pool will end up being superior to normal.

A little late on this post but yea I did MM mocks and found them to be very difficult… I can’t remember exactly how much I scored especially that to be very honest I didn’t bother much with grading myself on the AM as I was already late in practice and just preferred to take it all in and practice … but I’d say my score was often a little above or below the group score that Mark presented for PM.

Well there were plenty of people that were given very short notice that their test center was cancelled, so not sure everyone that was confident had a chance to make arrangements to change test centers…

Also, Asian candidates having “perfect” answers on Level III? Maybe in the afternoon but Asian countries aren’t known to be very good at speaking or writing English, so I frankly find that hard to believe. In terms of what’s on the exam, it’s not quantitatively driven as much as Level II is so I’m not sure how the candidate pool would be stronger with places like NYC, Toronto, SF not being able to sit.

With the exception of London, the three places I just listed have the brightest minds in Finance.

Same here on the score vs group on PM for MM. I was a full 12 percentage points higher than the group on MM Exam 1 PM but the other 3 right in line with the group or slightly below. Definitely had some mock fatigue towards the end leading up to the real thing…just wish we could get our results sooner because they have wayyyy less exams to grade but looks like that aint happenin.

1 Like

Yea I was hopping to get the results sooner too, but i lost all hope after I saw CFAI email about the timeline :confused: Doesn’t make much sense to have the results released at the same time, when significantly a lower number of people got tested! But I guess Covid 19 interruptions contributed too.