Mark my words Dow will be 8500 sooner than you think

That Roubini guy is sounding like a genious now.

No. Way.

hmm, i say a 60% chance. people said dow 10000 no way last quarter…no one can pick stocks right now. atticus down 50% and in down markets, CAIA materials say HF guys should outperform market and do better than benchmark driven PMs/long onlys when markets are underpeerforming. ugghhghh everybody is getting the skulls crushed I WILL SAY THIS. i am less bearish today than i was Friday. if that makes sense

louisvillegrad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That Roubini guy is sounding like a genious now. His analysis is way off what are you talking about!

Well the 8000 odd is more of a realistic level…wasnt it around 8000 in 2003?

Yeah, dipped to 7500ish at the lows

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hmm, i say a 60% chance. people said dow 10000 no > way last quarter…no one can pick stocks right > now. atticus down 50% and in down markets, CAIA > materials say HF guys should outperform market and > do better than benchmark driven PMs/long onlys > when markets are underpeerforming. ugghhghh > > everybody is getting the skulls crushed > > I WILL SAY THIS. i am less bearish today than i > was Friday. if that makes sense CAIA curriculum says that in free market. Now HF managers cannot short hence they cannot outperform market.

yup may touch 8s by end of the week.

howz 'bout today gents?

cfaboston28 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > CAIA curriculum says that in free market. Now HF > managers cannot short hence they cannot outperform > market. dude, good point! i didnt tie that in. they need to rewrite those books after this sordid tape

CAIA and CFA curriculum need to change. The current market conditions are also outliers (happen once or twice in 25 years if not in century)

they will definatelly change their books in the future :slight_smile: Interesting times!