Mark your calendar people

For on 23rd January 2008, we dine in hell

Yeah, I just saw the email too 23rd January, 9am ET is when our results come out !!

Another week wait?? Why not, it’s not like I’d want to start studying for L2 (potentially) any sooner than 4 months out. Big thanks going out to the grading process!!

This is BS. Jan 23 that is like 7.5 weeks since taking the test. Hey CFA why not post them at the end of FEB that way your CF’s are totally maximized for those of us wishing to either take L2 or retake L1. It is almost like they are hand grading the scantrons, or they are playing with us.

yep…got the mail…January 23rd 2008 it is !!!

Thanks, crease. The CFA people don’t stress themselves out with a heavy work-load, that’s for sure.

I didn’t buy it, so I went to the CFA website: http://www.cfainstitute.org/RGu38t/View/noresults.html

Even CFA markers should get a couple weeks off at Xmas. I’m doing the same L1 review in January, whichever way it goes, so I can wait.

Isnt this weird? This is the first time they are telling us the exact date for results. I guess it never happen.

This is new. They never used to tell you when results were going to be posted. They must have been getting sick of all the calls they were getting.

Call and question why the delay…I say we “strike” till they listen to the people and give us instant gratification with same day results.

lol, not a chance. I’d rather know when they’re gonna come out though (even if it’s that far out), rather than drive myself crazy checking my email and this board all the time starting the first week of Jan (which is what was probably gonna end up happening if they didnt send out the email).

Sweft mate, and how do you guys intend to strike? By having a (peaceful) demonstration in front of the CFAI office? Or by asking all candidates to boycott the June 08 exam? Just wanna know what you have in mind cuz its quite a jolly idea !

They should move the test date to Nov 1st. At least then anyone who passes will have a decent shot at taking (and passing) LII with another month to study… and if you failed in June, you should already have a good background so the month lost shouldn’t really hurt anyone. And for you conspiracy theorists, it does seem funny that they chose a date two days after Schweser’s online seminars for LII begin (after they stated that they chose to start on that late because it would give those who passed in Dec time to register) :slight_smile:

Aimee Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > They should move the test date to Nov 1st. At > least then anyone who passes will have a decent > shot at taking (and passing) LII with another > month to study… That would also entail moving the June exams to May, which doesn’t make any sense, since they’re always 6 months apart and you’re not gaining any time (unless it’s at the expense of the people who fail in June).

Of course the best thing would be that they offer L2 in Dec…then even after getting the results in Jan end we would have more than ample time for the exam in Dec…

Well instead of striking, we just go ahead and award ourselves the charter. Kill off this 3-4 year wait and hard work theme they are trying to set. I mean what makes them think we are not bright enough to start something up as competitors. Yeh, we start up an alternate exam, one where the results are handed out the day prior to the exam, have 5 levels and everyone with half a brain can sit for these exams. 0% failure rate as well.

sweft Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well instead of striking, we just go ahead and > award ourselves the charter. Kill off this 3-4 > year wait and hard work theme they are trying to > set. I mean what makes them think we are not > bright enough to start something up as > competitors. Yeh, we start up an alternate exam, > one where the results are hander out the day prior > to the exam, have 5 levels and everyone with half > a brain can sit for these exams. 0% failure rate > as well. I guess it is already there and name of the exam is LIFA. LOL

cfaboston28, Thanks you just made my day. I was checking LIFA out, and found it quite interesting. One of my grad school finance professors is actually a board member. If he is a board member that speaks volumes to me. The guy is intelligent and is held in high esteem in the finance arena. Ohh now I am torn between the two. U can actually bypass L1 and L2.

LIFA looks good. But as an Englishman, I’d have trouble accepting anything from the IRA.