Market Up

strange trading, I don’t understand why the market is rallying here.

The past few days have been like that…no positive news but things still trending upwards. Part of me thinks eventually that will wear off and we will see it dump again, part of me figures if there was tons of irrational selling before who says there cant be a bunch of irrational buying now?

tvPM Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The past few days have been like that…no > positive news but things still trending upwards. > Part of me thinks eventually that will wear off > and we will see it dump again, part of me figures > if there was tons of irrational selling before who > says there cant be a bunch of irrational buying > now? was it really irrational selling before thought? I think it was very rational.

IronMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > tvPM Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > The past few days have been like that…no > > positive news but things still trending > upwards. > > Part of me thinks eventually that will wear off > > and we will see it dump again, part of me > figures > > if there was tons of irrational selling before > who > > says there cant be a bunch of irrational buying > > now? > > was it really irrational selling before thought? > I think it was very rational. Was it rational? Did the long term cash flow prospects of American business really decline 30% in 20 days? The market goes down, then it goes up. This is why you buy when the market is down.

I think we did reach the bottom last week. 8150 was the bottom.

I consider it pretty irrational in a lot of ways. The market was being driven off fear and momentum, not fundamentals. That is not rational, there was no analysis and commentary to back it up other than “oh man the sh*t is hitting the fan and we are all screwed”. Thats my opinion, rational is taking the time to digest new info and how it will affect a company, then making a decision. Sure some of the financials had it coming as well as a few others, but what really changed at your local Target to cause a 40% drop?

I think Obama’s hope has spilled into the markets…Is there anything he can’t do?

elrecio81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think Obama’s hope has spilled into the > markets…Is there anything he can’t do? 1. Give live birth (not a woman) 2. Join a KKK chapter (Obvious reasons) 3. Get below 3 feet in a game of Limbo (he’s a tall dude)

1. Convince people he is not an Arab or Muslim 3. Cure cancer (only Chuck Norris’ tears can do that) 2. Convince very many AFers to vote for him :wink:

IronMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > strange trading, I don’t understand why the market > is rallying here. Well, 3-month libor is down to 2.71, but who cares about a little thing like that? The big breaking rumor–someone will win the election tonight!

ahahah Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Well, 3-month libor is down to 2.71, but who cares > about a little thing like that? The big breaking > rumor–someone will win the election tonight! You could have lost a fortune making that bet in our past couple elections.

TheAliMan, I don’t think your #2 is possible, since Chuck Norris never cries…I don’t think he even knows how.

Market is up because it hates uncertainty and large uncertainty will be removed tonight with new president-elect. Will be strong year-end rally past 1150 on S&P.

elrecio81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > TheAliMan, I don’t think your #2 is possible, > since Chuck Norris never cries…I don’t think he > even knows how. Haha, I was waiting for someone to catch that. Nicely done.

northboston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Market is up because it hates uncertainty and > large uncertainty will be removed tonight with new > president-elect. Will be strong year-end rally > past 1150 on S&P. Dude–BSC, Lehman, Washington Mutual and Wachovia pretty much all went under. How can you call something like the presidential election “large” uncertainty relative to the size of the credit crisis. How much value do you think the most generous president could actually add to the value of the market? It sounds like you’re saying that eliminating presidential uncertainty will add 15% of value to the market in about 2 months. Don’t you think that’s a little steep?

northboston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Market is up because it hates uncertainty and > large uncertainty will be removed tonight with new > president-elect. Will be strong year-end rally > past 1150 on S&P. Dude–BSC, Lehman, Washington Mutual and Wachovia pretty much all went under. How can you call something like the presidential election “large” uncertainty relative to the size of the credit crisis. How much value do you think the most generous president could actually add to the value of the market? It sounds like you’re saying that eliminating presidential uncertainty will add 15% of value to the market in about 2 months. Don’t you think that’s a little steep?

Economy is showing futher weakness. Load up on SDS folks, it is going to get ugly… soon

northboston Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Market is up because it hates uncertainty and > large uncertainty will be removed tonight with new > president-elect. As if the market didn’t know there would be an outcome on Nov 4th back in Sept?