Material

what would be considered nonmaterial nonpublic??? Seems this area is rather gray to me. Thanks.

The number of laborers with the first name “Bob”. Or… Anything that’s not public that a reasonable person would NOT need or deem necessary in order to value the company/security.

For example, head of equity research is sleeping with head of IB. I certainly hope this won’t became public, otherwise the “chinesewall” can look awfully weak.

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what would be considered nonmaterial nonpublic??? > Seems this area is rather gray to me. > > Thanks. The fact that I had a smoked turkey sandwich for lunch today

Numi, What publicly traded company do you work for? I consider smoked turkey a leading indicator. Roast beef = sell, sell, sell!

CFABLACKBELT Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what would be considered nonmaterial nonpublic??? > Seems this area is rather gray to me. > > Thanks. You are doing research on a company, and while trying to reach the management you keep getting the CEO’s assitants, who tell you on several occasions that he is out of the office on business and cannot be reached. One assistant tells you that he has a series of meetings in city X, which happens to be the HQ of the companies biggest competitor, and you conclude that based on recent consolidation in the particular industry that a merger is being discussed. You as an analyst, using the mosaic theory, can use this information as part of the basis of a recommendation. The information is nonmaterial and nonpublic.

Thx budfox. that was an awsome example. shouldve post this in the level I forum. owell.