May 2021 exam could be unfair?

1. if it is somewhat unlikely that the topics tested in the previous exam will be on the next exam again, then those whose december exam got canceled will be in a disadvantage comparing those were able to write december exam?

2. the computer based test can be easily cheated in some countries. for example, i know for a fact that in certain countries massive cheating exist on tests like GMAT.

• personally, if I studied and put in the necessary effort to pass, I don’t care what topics were tested in December vs May. Nobody knows either way so it really isn’t an advantage or disadvantage - it’s just the way the cookie crumbles…

• How do you know for a fact? No offense I think this post is more so conjecture than it is substantive dialogue.

1 Like

I really don’t see why anyone should assume that the topics tested in December will or will not appear again in May. Some would argue that CFAI will test different topics each session, others would argue that these are the important ones and so will be tested again and again… So this thing doesn’t have any basis. I attempted the exam in December and if I fail, will do the November session probably, but I hardly think the questions that showed up will influence my study style in anyway…

If what you are saying has some basis, why is it that many people keep on failing the same exam over and over again and end up quitting? Just because you attempted the exam, it doesn’t give you “inside info” on what will or will not show up, other wise, everyone would have passed from the second attempt then.

As for computer exams being open for cheating, I am not sure why this would be the case? Like is there any reason? Everything is moving towards automation and most exams are in fact conducted on computer. CFAI is actually being late in that.

1 Like

Please tell me you are not really a CFA L3 candidate!

Your point#2 is a strong statement…did you read ethics in L1 and L2 when it comes to differentiating “fact” from opinion!?

1 Like

How old are you boy?

1 Like