May Level 3 takers - chance to retake in November?

hi takers for level 3 in May,

I’m hoping everyone here can pass the exam in May, myself included! But just in case it goes against my will, does anyone know if there’d be enough time to take again in November?

I know it’ll depend on a few factors, such as 1) when the result is released vs registration deadline for November exam, 2) minimum time required by CFA to wait until retaking the same level (I read somewhere it’s 6 months).

If 2) is true, would it be possible to register for the next level 3 before the results come out? If so what will happen if I later found out that I have passed the May exam?

Yes, you can sit for the November exam after failing in May. You will be able to register after results day, which is approx. 3 months after the exam.

But I really hope that these thoughts are irrelevant for both of us. Best of luck in May!

1 Like

Thanks! With all the uncertainties surrounding the new CBT, we’ll have to do our best to control what we can. everything crossed!

just received a message from CFA institute announcing the cancellation of CFA Exams in many centers in India including Bangalore where I had an exam appointment.

Also informed that Aug is not possible

They will inform us about Nov possibility

. was your May exam cancelled? were you given opportunity to sit for August or November?