mba business card

CFA behind the name… yes/no?

Don’t do it. Some people will find it dorky.

Sure

I think MBA candidate business cards are pretty stupid to begin with, especially the “MBA Candidate 20XX” where the title should go. I suppose you’ve got to hand out something. though. Don’t know why you wouldn’t include CFA.

Only if you went 3/3 - Very similar to resume protocol.

I’d definitely put it down (if I went 3/3 like Analyze mentioned - you should also be certain to reference that you did in fact go 3/3 and include your matrix breakdown and that you only studied audio schweser materials).

Leave it off if you are primarily looking for positions where it isn’t relevant. Otherwise, why not? You did it.

Other than douche bags and dudes over 50, who carries business cards?

What about writing, “I’m a f***ing CFA, B**ch”, if Zukerberg can do it, you can too… :)!

I think you should write CFA, it’s an achievement and you must market your achievements in a professional setting, it’s completely professional. You’re not sending pool party invitations so that you have to worry about what others will think about your personality, you’re doing business and and it’s a good professional practice that you’re making it easier for other parties to gauge your professional self by writing CFA on your card.

jcole21 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’d definitely put it down (if I went 3/3 like > Analyze mentioned - you should also be certain to > reference that you did in fact go 3/3 and include > your matrix breakdown and that you only studied > audio schweser materials). I had an intern applicant from NYU’s Physics PhD program include his performance matrix for levels 1/2 on his resume. He also mentioned that he only studied for a month for each level (albeit for 12 hours a day). The kid had an off the charts IQ, undergrad and masters from the best schools abroad w/ a perfect GPA, won a gold medal in the Chinese physics Olympics, and was splitting atoms when he was still in the womb…we gave him an internship, but I couldn’t help but think the CFA breakdown was a bit “douchey”.

PeteyPete Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > jcole21 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’d definitely put it down (if I went 3/3 like > > Analyze mentioned - you should also be certain > to > > reference that you did in fact go 3/3 and > include > > your matrix breakdown and that you only studied > > audio schweser materials). > > > I had an intern applicant from NYU’s Physics PhD > program include his performance matrix for levels > 1/2 on his resume. He also mentioned that he only > studied for a month for each level (albeit for 12 > hours a day). > > The kid had an off the charts IQ, undergrad and > masters from the best schools abroad w/ a perfect > GPA, won a gold medal in the Chinese physics > Olympics, and was splitting atoms when he was > still in the womb…we gave him an internship, > but I couldn’t help but think the CFA breakdown > was a bit “douchey”. That one month thing does sound “douchey” to any standard. It’s like, he himself disgraced his achievements to mention this one month thing to get extra attention. IMO, it shows his insecurity that he doesn’t feel enough confidence in his previous achievements.

murders&executions Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Other than douche bags and dudes over 50, who > carries business cards? Um, everyone I know? How do you not carry cards?

Someone on here said to just put your first name, or nickname on a card: “Nick” And just hand that out. People will be intrigued and want to find out more. Just get some super flossy, ebossed cards with raised everything printed on silk. Just have your first name, no number, no email, no nothing. Just “Nickname.”

AM, Along those lines. http://www.therakishlife.com/2009/03/into-workhouse.html 4. Have a set of business cards made. This is simultaneously the least expensive and most effective way of pretending you are somewhat professional. While the card may advertise your abilities as a master - (insert profession) , it can also simply supply a salient piece of information. A Russian chum of mine has a card that simply reads David Kaganov Discreet followed only by an e-mail address. Let us just say that his in-box is full.

This is how I roll: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/d654435e1c/your-business-card-is-crap

You should carry around a stack of these. I guarantee that people will ask you for one. www.meatcards.com

If I meet someone I’m truly interested in exchanging my professional info with, I shoot them an e-mail on the spot and they reply. Business cards are about as obsolete as the rolodex. I guess it was cute to carry some around when I had my first job fresh out of college. NakedPuts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > murders&executions Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Other than douche bags and dudes over 50, who > > carries business cards? > > Um, everyone I know? How do you not carry cards?

murders&executions Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If I meet someone I’m truly interested in > exchanging my professional info with, I shoot them > an e-mail on the spot and they reply. Business > cards are about as obsolete as the rolodex. > > I guess it was cute to carry some around when I > had my first job fresh out of college. > “shoot them an email”? what is this, the late 90’s or something. i tweet @my contacts, they tweet back @me.

soon, we will just “think” about contacting them and they will contact us right back simply by “thinking”…you laugh now, but in ten years I’ll say I told you so!