MBA Second Year and CFA L2

Dear All, Greetings! This is my first post here. I am starting my second year of MBA next week. Basically, I graduate 5 days before the exam day, and I was hoping to get a sense of how people managed their MBA and CFA L2 together. I would appreciate any suggestions on time management or prep strategy. Thanks! C

It is definitely doable. You just have to manage your time well.

Also depends on your MBA school. Some schools offer much more free time compared to others…

I wonder though if it’s a bad use of time during your MBA year - especially your second one. Wouldn’t studying the actual MBA course and interviewing for another job be your primary concern? Discuss…

I was thinking about taking L1 during my final college year. It just did not seem worth it to spend 100 hours on the CFA and lose the opportunity to take more classes or work for a higher GPA. Maybe MBA priorities are different.

convolutedsignal Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dear All, > > Greetings! This is my first post here. I am > starting my second year of MBA next week. > Basically, I graduate 5 days before the exam day, > and I was hoping to get a sense of how people > managed their MBA and CFA L2 together. > > I would appreciate any suggestions on time > management or prep strategy. > > Thanks! > C I’m doing the EXACT same thing. Keep in touch homie, we’ll smash it together.

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wonder though if it’s a bad use of time during > your MBA year - especially your second one. > Wouldn’t studying the actual MBA course and > interviewing for another job be your primary > concern? > > Discuss… Eh, I only have one class I really care about the next two semesters (Money Management). Otherwise my second year of the MBA will be pretty simple. Many students opt for the CFA the second year. Time will be less constricted too, and I don’t see this interfering with too many networking/career search events.

I did it this past year with my first year…It’s f*cking miserable. I was on campus from 8am until 8pm most nights studying for school or studying for the CFA. I am also the president of the Finance Association and an accounting TA, so that didn’t help either. Nonetheless, it was really not fun and I would not recommend it. I plan to wait until I graduate, start a gig and get embedded into a company that will pay for it before attempting L2 again.

TheBJWay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I did it this past year with my first year…It’s > f*cking miserable. I was on campus from 8am until > 8pm most nights studying for school or studying > for the CFA. I am also the president of the > Finance Association and an accounting TA, so that > didn’t help either. > > Nonetheless, it was really not fun and I would not > recommend it. I plan to wait until I graduate, > start a gig and get embedded into a company that > will pay for it before attempting L2 again. It would have been fcking miserable if I tried it my first year. The second year should be more simple. I’m also a Finance TA and president of the Finance Club. Stalla also selected me to be the campus rep. Basically I hand over email addresses of finance/accounting students in exchange for the comprehensive study package. There is a live class on my campus that I’ll be taking second semester on Wednesday evenings. My plan is to stay focused with that evening class and do the best I can as a repeater. I’ll catch up during Christmas break, spring break, and the 3 weeks after graduation. How are you doing otherwise BJ?