MBA vs. CFA resolved at last???

http://www.ignites.com/c/116014/11123/what_best_have_fund_industry Poll: What’s Best to Have in Fund Industry: MBA or a CFA? Article published on August 3, 2010 What designation do employers have most respect for today: MBA or CFA? MBA 26% CFA 67% Other (CIMA, CFP, JD) 7% For more articles like this one, go to ignites.com. Ignites is an information service of Money-Media, a Financial Times company.

Advertising spam? But anyway, it depends on which MBA program. Devry University < CFA < Stanford Business School.

Uh, no, not spam. Just an article I found.

I think in the 90’s MBA’s were super fashionable until everyone got one and the tech bubble burst. Now the CFA is becoming quite fashionable but won’t be once there’s a few million charterholders running around. I don’t know where the enrollment figures are but I know there are currently around 89k charterholders worldwide and over 130k people took the test in June. All CFA Charters are created equally in the eyes of recruiters, the same can not be said for MBA’s and the work experience that got you into that program in the first place. So any comparison of a CFA Charter to an MBA is pretty silly.

What’s the gist of the article? I’m not going to register.

It’s just a poll on Ignites. There is a related article, but the link here is just to the poll results, which I pasted into the initial post.

ChickenTikka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think in the 90’s MBA’s were super fashionable > until everyone got one and the tech bubble burst. > Now the CFA is becoming quite fashionable but > won’t be once there’s a few million charterholders > running around. > > I don’t know where the enrollment figures are but > I know there are currently around 89k > charterholders worldwide and over 130k people took > the test in June. > > All CFA Charters are created equally in the eyes > of recruiters, the same can not be said for MBA’s > and the work experience that got you into that > program in the first place. So any comparison of > a CFA Charter to an MBA is pretty silly. How many charters are added each year apprx?