MBA vs EMBA

To sort of spin off a question from MMLs Thread. What are the differences? From my understanding people use the MBA as a means to network and gain a new position/get into new industry. So a PT or EMBA are literally just to learn? Why is it worse to go PT? Are the recruiting opportunities different? Maybe someone here can explain this to me (not that I’m close to going into either just curious).

http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,1230722

Now I feel foolish. Thanks Wendy

To be fair, that 6-month-old thread doesn’t directly answer most of the specific questions you asked.

I don’t think it is worse to go PT. If you’re dead set on becoming an associate at an investment bank, you’d probably be better off going FT. But if you network hard in a PT program, you can get any job you want.

i’ve done some research on EMBAs and it seems as if they’re really just for E’s. you don’t get career services access, there isn’t much networking outside of class, you don’t do much studying other than in case-related work and you pay more than you would for a PT or FT program. doesn’t seem worth it - even if you are subsidized.

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i’ve done some research on EMBAs and it seems as > if they’re really just for E’s. > > you don’t get career services access, there isn’t > much networking outside of class, you don’t do > much studying other than in case-related work and > you pay more than you would for a PT or FT > program. > > doesn’t seem worth it - even if you are > subsidized. Right, EMBA. I’m not really considering those. Only PT.