MBA vs MFE in bad economy

I can see tide changed regarding MBA vs MFE. I felt I was cheated into MFE degree. Before the downturn, the pros of MFE are it is focused on finance, and thus better ROI and better treatment to hard core finance than MBA. Cons of MBA are it is too general, and doesn’t teach you real skills. Now in bad market, everybody is running from MFE, and the exact reason makes MFE hot becomes its shortcoming. While MBA is a good bet because it is general and may be used in many places. I felt I wasted so much money and opportunity costs on MFE.

It depends on what you want to do? Do you like to program and use financial information? Then MFE is it.

i was interested in the MFE programs… can u elaborate where you got ur MFE from, when, and what you’ve seen in the recent times?

MBA all the way. its not rocket science: network effects: more people that have it, more people from school XYZ willing to help you if you can create some rapport.

I disagreed with network effects arguments: If MFE is offered from a business school, you still have access to all the alumnis. And especially, at some b-school, MFE is counted as a business major.

The MFE is useless in any type of economy.

steveOW, could you please give some reasons why MFE is useless? Any type of degree could be of some use.

What school did you go to?

I think an MFE looks like a fun.

Demand for MFE’s must have gotten hit hard by the fall of ABS, especially RMBS…

MFE22 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I disagreed with network effects arguments: If MFE > is offered from a business school, you still have > access to all the alumnis. And especially, at some > b-school, MFE is counted as a business major. LOL. come back to earth.

What do you mean? It seems the world is full of MFE haters.

ok, sorry to be curt, just meant to saty that bschools and grad prgorams dont have the exact alumni base they share with each other.

Daj224, Agreed. However, some MFEs are offered from B-school not graduate school.