,MBA

I just saw on today’s paper “__ __, B Sc (US), CPA, CA (Ontario)”. This person probaby does not put all those on business card, but…

Is a CA different in Ontario? I’ve never seen that done.

>Is a CA different in Ontario? No clue. I thought CPA was licensed by state org., so this person might want to put the state, too. >I’ve never seen that done. Me neither.

I’m glad we’re in agreement zig.

just out of curiosity, how many people here actually have MBAs?

I got mine at the University of Phoenix. Woot!

I’m definitely looking into the MBA if my career doesn’t pick up in 2 years.

Why wait, Frank? In my opinion, the sooner the better.

Frank already has a MA economics. That plus CFA is all he needs… Wait, 12 letters is the new six…

Turkish, i wish it was that simple. I’m very happy about getting the degree in economics. I view it as a verification that I have the basics down pack in econ. However, for job purposes, i don’t think the degree itself will suffice, but i’ll know in a month or two when i start speaking with other departments. The fact that I’m sitting here saying, “is there anything else” i can help you with suggests to me i’m in a state of urgency. the mba is essentially a back up plan for now, and I won’t be applying soon. maybe 2-3 years depending on my career at that point. but believe me, I have to be fully prepared and have plan B and C ready. Right now, i just wnat to get some experience at a big bank and do the best i can here. my experience at this point sucks, so i don’t think i’ll have a chance in MBA right now anyways. But we’ll see what happens. very exciting just like it will be this Saturday when cotto fights mosley.

I don’t know how the job market is in Canada, but are you in a major city, Frank? A master’s in econ combined with two levels of the CFA passed as well as your diligent interest and work experience should secure you an entry level job somewhere front office.