Microsoft Word Question

anyone good with Word? I’m getting pissed here. I’m working with a document that I put together. Every sentence is lined up to the far left. I’ve got one sentence that extends for two lines in Word. It’s letting me indent the first line but not the second line. what gives? This is the sentence: Liberty Square Riverboat will be closed from September 6 through September 12, 2008. ** When I indent Liberty Square by pushing space bar 4 times, it extends for two lines giving me the following: Liberty Square Riverboat will be closed from September 6 through September 12, 2008. **** Now I want to indent 2008 to get to line up under Liberty. How do I do that??

backspace the 2nd line so it merges with the top line, press shift+enter, then try to tab it.

1. Highlight the sentence 2. Move mouse cursor to the margins on top 3. On the left hand side you will see a “Hourglass” shaped symbol with a small bar underneath it. 4. Click on that small bar and drag to the desired indentation amount. This should indent the entire sentence and if the sentence runs over to line two, it should also indent the 2nd line as well.

…well this puts a wrench in my Sept. 10th riverboat cruise plans.

^ haha

Or, it could be that you need a carriage return between the two sections. if not, the sentence will be treated as a single element.