Mid October it is..

I was sure i started in december for L2 last year but i checked my old posts and found i started in mid october with ethics and was done with ethics quant and fsa (using schweser) by the end of december… i guess 1.5 months of free time will have to do. damn. there goes my plan to just chill til december.

cfasf1 good to see you around. I will start easy readying in the next weeks

hey florinpop. trying to warm up to the l3 forum a little bit… good to see you here as well… maybe i won’t set a hard date and start reading a bit of ethics. hard not to peek at the books once they arrive…

i have alreay started…

i have already started…

you guys are killing me… i was going to have guiltless golf until mid november but that now looks unlikely.

The final stretch…

hi , i am starting today as its an auspicious day to start a new work…

haha… others auspicious day is month away…

Good deal. I am going to need the combined energy of AF to motivate me to start so early. At least it’s the final stretch…

I agree final stretch, just the thought of doing it again scares the hell out of me. For both L1 and L2, I ran out of time in Apr/May, so this time no excuse, start ealy

Same here… registered today so awaiting the books. Will purchase the Schweser package in November to speed things up.

Yup … the last stetch definitely means i’m going to be sacraficing to put in the extra effort from now. There is no way i want to be here next yr.

i may go ahead and go against my own advice and start doing some light reading every night in late-october. Maybe find some of the heavily weighted sections and start reading some of the CFAI books. I won’t go full throttle until mid-January though. That has worked for me so far and I am very succeptible to burnout, as evidenced by the way I was feeling heading into Level 2 last June.

I’m feeling a similar timeline myself. Although I have no shortage of motivation right now given as this is a great opportunity to knock out this beast once and for all. I also just got a good laugh at myself, because I realized if we (myself included) spent as much time studying as we did talking about when we were going to start, we’d probably have 2 books gone by now.

^^ truth

I’ve noticed a similar phenomenon around the weight bench at the Y I go to.

I plan on ordering my books and hitting the weight bench, maybe next week.

I’m with you cfasf1, I am very very determined to get this horrible time-eating private life wasting program over with. One final sprint to the finish, game set match AF team. I haven’t got any spare time because of work right now but I expect it to be better mid October. Looking forward to discussing GIPS here with you :wink:

hell yeah, mcpass. i’m glad most of the team made it over (though i’m still shocked that a few didn’t make it) … one more hurdle… i’m actually feeling pretty motivated. GIPS? Is that really coming back for L3? shit.