Might see a DOW Obliteration today

Brace yourselves…

I’m going to get long here, at 200 down. I’m braced for a short-term capitulation.

no way…$100 says it slowly gains back throughout the morning/day. should end the day in the greens. similar to how i like to end my days

louisvillegrad Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Brace yourselves… Honestly. You must be a whole lot of fun to hang out with. Even the most bearish, apocalyptic, far left, ‘short america, buy gold, stockpile guns’ crowd has some occasional insight and/or endearing qualities. Then there is you. a bright ray of sunshine grounded in sound analytical thought.

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > no way…$100 says it slowly gains back throughout > the morning/day. should end the day in the greens. > similar to how i like to end my days I dunno what that means … how do you in your day “in the greens”? Playing golf? Green around the gills? Eating salad? Rolling in a pile of lettuce with Haile Berry?

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SkipE99 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > no way…$100 says it slowly gains back > throughout > > the morning/day. should end the day in the > greens. > > similar to how i like to end my days > > > I dunno what that means … how do you in your day > “in the greens”? Playing golf? Green around the > gills? Eating salad? Rolling in a pile of lettuce > with Haile Berry? ^haha I think he means bong loads JDV…

Haha, shorts get slapped by a fake move…

“rolling in a pile of lettuce with Haile Berry” thats hilarious. no comment.

Is there a way to block people’s posts? Seriously

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “rolling in a pile of lettuce with Haile Berry” > thats hilarious. no comment. isn’t ‘thats hilarious’ a comment. which is it? yes or no comment.

i will take the physical challenge

what’s your home address?

Give the magic eight ball another shake louisville, you’re wrong again.

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > no way…$100 says it slowly gains back throughout > the morning/day. should end the day in the greens. > similar to how i like to end my days yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaah

ksjhawk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Give the magic eight ball another shake > louisville, you’re wrong again. I was cool with the greens but now that you brought an 8 ball into this I’m gonna have to pass

question for louisvillegrad: I unashamedly disagree with 95% of what you say with the exception that the market is likely to go down more near term (though I dont expect the apocaplyse that you do). But I want to know your logic. You accuse hedge funds of making a killing by naked shorting and basically stealing money off average joe investors by market manipulation. So how is it that hedge funds lost 19% on average last year if its that easy? I work in the global macro area of a fairly large hedge fund that trades predominantly in equities. So I can see the diligence of research, investment experience and knowledge of the people around me. And they never naked short sell. Many of them had a rough time last year. So your accusations are fairly insulting to them and Id like to understand where on earth they some from - along with the other accusations of, for example, banks shorting themselves. Im hoping there is some basis for all this rather than wild posturing, otherwise its a cry for attention thats rather sad, and you would do well to stop polluting otherwise interesting threads. If you genuinely have some kind of basis for what you say, please post it.

I have an inkling that bama and geithner are going to relax or suspend the M2M accounting rules next week…I think equities will rip in the near term and Louisville’s leveraged short etfs will be vaporized JMO of course

chicagofx Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > question for louisvillegrad: I unashamedly > disagree with 95% of what you say with the > exception that the market is likely to go down > more near term (though I dont expect the > apocaplyse that you do). But I want to know your > logic. > > You accuse hedge funds of making a killing by > naked shorting and basically stealing money off > average joe investors by market manipulation. So > how is it that hedge funds lost 19% on average > last year if its that easy? maybe HF managers are as dumb as their MF friends > I work in the global macro area of a fairly large > hedge fund that trades predominantly in equities. > So I can see the diligence of research, investment > experience and knowledge of the people around me. > And they never naked short sell. Many of them had > a rough time last year. So your accusations are > fairly insulting to them and Id like to understand > where on earth they some from - along with the > other accusations of, for example, banks shorting > themselves. what’s more insulting is charging 2-20 for mediocre preformance, lose half of the assets in a single year, complain about deleveraging, market dislocations, forced selling etc etc, saying “it’s not my fault”…sigh but yeah keep doing your diligent research buddy…while you still have some money to lose

Umm… a) we made money last year, b) no complaints about what the market does c) 20%+ annual performace over the last decade and more (with no down years) justifies high fees, d) deleveraging didnt bother me, i went short commodities, so I was happy with it. So its not me insulting you pal, take it easy, and no one forces anyone to invest in hedge funds, so if you dont like the fees, dont invest. Sure there are bad funds, but picking the good ones is where YOUR diligent research is supposed to come in. I guessing by your anger you or your relatives didnt do it very well. i just want to know whather louisvillegrad has some knowledge or experience he’s not letting on, or whether he’s completely talking out of his arse… thats all. So umm, chill.

Thank you chicagofx. You couldn’t have put it better in either of your posts in this thread.