Milo Yiannopoulos

Perhaps I am so jaded by everyone in the public spotlight I miss it as I see him as selling a product, and while I appreciate the passion in which he presents his arguments he tends to skew towards constantly talking down to people to make his arguments seems stronger than they are.

I just dont buy his schtick, everyone is selling something and he is laughing all the way to the bank. That doesnt mean he doesnt believe what he says, but if he wasnt a public figure I would imagine he would be a VERY different person.

It’s free speech 100%, he’s said it repeatedly. He explicitly stated that the purpose of his tour was to “trigger” students and push back on speech restrictions. The actual conservative viewpoints are just a sideshow. I’m an idealist and a big time debater, I have no trouble seeing him as another version of me that happens to have the gay shield and a good look on camera.

But who knows, I could be wrong. No way to know his motivations for certain.

Fair enough, I would actually enjoy the discussions about freedom of speech much more than all that other stuff. I find those to be interesting and why I think I enjoy Joe Rogan so much, he loves having discussions about free speech

im with my boy Yayywork. This guy is akin to Marilyn Manson of shock radio

Different tactics, he’s less into discussing it and more going out and pushing the limits to effectively take back a little ground and legitimize open discussion.

you said it homie

Related image

I’ve heard him on the Adam Carolla podcast a few times – and can’t stand the guy.

Surely the phrase ‘Jungle Fever’ is racist? And if you exclusively date Black guys is that racism? It’s fucking bizarre because you just don’t hear this garbage outside the USA.

His phrase was “all of my bf’s have been black.” I’d imagine it’s significantly less racist than one of the overwhelming majority of any race who have only dated their own race (I’m looking at you, Asians). He purposely would have used that expression to set snowflakes off. The kind of people that are so PC, they can’t imagine that someone who’s not completely bland could not be racist. Keep in mind the actual definition of racism is: “a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race” not “using a possibly offensive term”.

I don’t know, maybe ask Spike Lee.

That’s funny, he’s from the UK and does a large amount of his speaking there. Not to mention the majority of his interviews have been on BBC.

What you saying bruv? I don’t care about the guy.

I’m just musing on a phrase that gets thrown out in American culture so casually and how it reflects on why American race relations have been and will continue to be for the forseeable future so toxic.

Well, to my earlier point, he’s British and that (as well as the majority of his interviews) have been on BBC.

^ I am talking about the phrase ‘Jungle Fever’ dude. I don’t think anyone who wasn’t Yank would use it so casually.

Yanks know better than to suggest that being black means you come from the jungles of Africa.

Ah, I see now. I was thinking you were saying Milo used it in some context.

Uh-huh, racism is dead cause you had a Black president, amirite?

It’s like saying people who date only other white people (including white people who only date white people) have pig fever because pigs are kinda pink, like white people.

Meh, everywhere has issues.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/news-and-views/social/the-reality-of-racism-in-australia-20160629-gpun8t.html

Shannon is black. African-American. One of her grandparents is Native American. From Texas. She says that racism exists in the US, of course, but at least there is a serious and difficult public conversation about it. Black lives matter. And even though, yep, someone will always answer ‘all lives matter’, that’s the beginning of the conversation right there.

But here in Australia, she says that conversation is just beginning…

Shannon says that Indigenous Australians are treated much worse.

“It’s not my lived experience but from what I see from the outside, it’s significantly worse. It’s different too because this is their country. I can’t imagine it being your home and feeling so unwelcome, so undervalued, so unappreciated, stigmatised. That seems to me so much worse than the experience I have had.”