Misrepresntation. sample 3, spolier

If some one asks me “What was the subject of studies for my graduate degree?” and i answer i “I took courses in advanced theoretical physics and topology” but i never got a graduate degree, how is it lying or misrepresentation? I actually use this technique all the time when i want to avoid answering the question…

I got this one wrong as well. Are we supposed to correct possible misconceptions by clients? I don’t remember reading that anywhere.

you know what man, whatever. I feel like i have a very solid grip of material and if i fail so be it. My time will be better spend in NYU MBA

cfa land again! they care about intention, which is far different from law’s action/evidence based thinking. Just think about those trades, many times, it is difficult to chat them if they place tricks…

I’m reconsidering the whole MBA project… Not sure if I can stand going through PowerPoint presentations for hours straight with nothing new being said… Plus my employer wants me to commit for 3 years after the MBA, which would mean I’m locked up for 6 years from today. That’s would probably be my biggest commitment to anyone ever, except my wife :slight_smile:

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m reconsidering the whole MBA project… Not > sure if I can stand going through PowerPoint > presentations for hours straight with nothing new > being said… Plus my employer wants me to commit > for 3 years after the MBA, which would mean I’m > locked up for 6 years from today. That’s would > probably be my biggest commitment to anyone ever, > except my wife :slight_smile: ehh i have no choice… If i am staying in New York, i have to do it. Otherwise i should move to Cali and go middle management to some tech company :-/

Ok i’ve checked Standards. It says Omissions are also misrepresentation if it misleads the client…

“A misrepresentation is any untrue statement or omission of a fact or any statement that is otherwise false or misleading.”

There’s one question in the mock that will make you wonder what the CFAI really wants in this situation.

mo34…my advice to you on MBA is do that degree at a school such as Stanford or Kellogg where it is lots of fun in addition to being a worthwhile and challenging academic experience. The Powerpoint slides don’t seem quite so bad if you have a hot tub party to go to later (Stanford) or they roll out the keg of beer after classes on Fridays (all paid for by sponsors) and you discuss your upcoming school ski trip (Kellogg) or camping/scuba trip, amongst other things. If your work will pay for you to go and give you a job afterwards, all the better, then you can really enjoy the experience as you will also have some money to spend while there too. Plus, with a wife you will not have to experience one of the main disadvantages of MBA for single men which is ratio of females to males.

wasn’t this the same question where it was okay to refer to the cfa program as a “postgraduate program”?