Missing bubble on scantron during test

Ok, so during the test i noticed on the end of the morning session there was a blank question i didn’t fill in. Upon going back to the question in the test booklet, i was pretty sure i skipped the question. Now, i’m kinda freaking out because i’m thinking i filled in the subsequent bubbles wrong. Upon discussion with some people, they gave me the following feedback: 1. The fact that there was a missing bubble indicates i skipped it correctly on the scantron 2. there MUST have been one missing question at the end for me to have made a mistake. There would be no situation that exists that would allow multiple scantron ‘misfills’ to reverse itself for me to get to the last question correctly 3. i simply would have noticed (the missing test question was ~60’s…in the middle of the test). does anyone have any feedback on this? kinda freaking out if there’s a chance i did mess up on the scantron…

i think the question is do you think you did well overall? if you feel you did well but you get your scores back most of them <50%, then you might want to ask for a retab. but according to a previous post by joey, the odds of them incorrectly grading your answer sheet is very small (but then again, i don’t know if this post was referring to essay-type questions or whatever)

I clearly remember a written and oral instruction about “attempting all questions”, which means no bubble should be left unfilled. Wonder if this has to do anything with valuation ? And what blank question are you talking about, irregula ?

If you filled in bubbles out of order, a retab isn’t going to correct that. Anyway, this sounds like post-exam jitters (a little OCD, even). Just relax and let it go.

I never understood why people would leave questions blank. You’re just asking for something like this to happen. If you have NO idea what the answer is, circle ANYTHIGN put a star beside it and come back to it later. This way you have no chance of screwing up your scantron and this avoids huge panicking.

I am taking Level I in December. Do you suggest that I write down the answer next to each question and with 5 minutes left fill in the bubbles? Or should I fill in bubbles as I go along?

Not filling in the bubbles as you go is a HORRIBLE test taking strategy in my opinion.

DanLieb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am taking Level I in December. > > Do you suggest that I write down the answer next > to each question and with 5 minutes left fill in > the bubbles? Or should I fill in bubbles as I go > along? This is quite possibly WORST test strategy ever aside from only circling answers in the test booklet itself. I can’t believe they even have to tell people that answers in the test booklet itself will not be graded, if you can’t figure that part out on your own you shouldn’t be sitting for any test. I have seen people do this in college and have never understood why and even worse why the b*tch about it later when they realize they F’d something up. If you have 5 mins at the end, review your answers, why waste your time filling in bubbles?

People suggest this so you don’t accidently fill in the wrong bubble when you skip a question. Sounds like a bad idea.

DanLieb, yes you may accidentally fill in the wrong bubble when you skip a question. It happened to me in the morning session due to panicking… you just have to remember to check the question number everytime you are about to fill the bubble…

oldboy321 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you just have to remember to check the question > number everytime you are about to fill the > bubble… amen to that

DanLieb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am taking Level I in December. > > Do you suggest that I write down the answer next > to each question and with 5 minutes left fill in > the bubbles? Or should I fill in bubbles as I go > along? R U TAKING THE MICKEY? DO YOU HAVE ANY COMMON SENSE???

I was deathly afraid of 1. skipping a question, 2. leaving the bubble blank, 3. but filling in the bubble accidentally, 4. then having all my answers be a space off!!!

Easy solution…don’t skip questions and bubble after each question!

i marked the answer on the question book as well for L1. This helped me recheck my answer sheet bubbles with 25 minutes to go