MNPI exam q

MNPI applies to a.recipients of information who are not directly or indirectly associated with the firm which the MNPI is about b.all members of the investment community c.recipients of information who are directly or indirectly associated with the firm which the MNPI is about d. none of these answers

related conceptual qs that I have: act on MNPI = trade only? or others actions too? can anyone at all trade on MNPI? Thanx, will post answer to the mcq later

Is this about CFAI ethics or US law or something else? If it’s CFAI the answer is sorta b except thier jurisdiction doesn’t apply to most members of the invetment community so I guess that makes it d. IF it’s US law, it’s only people who have a fiduciary duty or misappropriate the info which also makes it d. If it’s somewhere else in the world the answer is probably “it doesn’t apply to anyone” which would also make the answer d. I guess the answer is d.

JD, this is a CFAI ethics related q :slight_smile:

the answer is actually a, which is strange , this is why i am posting

Insiders (the complement of those in answer a.) have a different (and tighter) set of restrictions on trading in the firm’s stock.

DarienHacker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Insiders (the complement of those in answer a.) > have a different (and tighter) set of restrictions > on trading in the firm’s stock. wouldn’t the insider be a person who IS directly/indirectly associated with the firm vs NOT being associated as in a ?