Mock Exam Ethics

Hi, For question 10 (item set 2), there’s a choice between which set of accounts should give priority to clients’ accounts. Something like: C: All accounts in which Heritage personnel are beneficial. D: All accounts in which Heritage personnel are beneficial and all accounts registered in the name of Heritage. I picked C but have no idea if I got it right from the PDF “so called” answer. Any idea? Many thanks. Dorian

all accounts registered in the name of heritage can include other clients, that you would be putting in disadvantage? just guessing, actually I don´t know what they mean with “accounts registered in the name of Heritage”, can mean a lot of things

hala_madrid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > all accounts registered in the name of heritage > can include other clients, that you would be > putting in disadvantage? > > just guessing, actually I don´t know what they > mean with “accounts registered in the name of > Heritage”, can mean a lot of things yeah i was wondering myself. I thought acounts registered in the name of heritage are prop trading and should be traded after client accounts, but answer implies C. I dont really understand why

It was A. The interests of clients must be given priority over accounts in which Heritage’s employees are beneficial owners

bigwilly but that doesnt cover the case where Heritage is beneficial owner (as corporation)

It was A. I only got one wrong in Ethics and it was the stupid HF one. :frowning:

bigwilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It was A. I only got one wrong in Ethics and it > was the stupid HF one. :frowning: Can you explain why All accounts in which Heritage personnel are beneficial and all accounts registered in the name of Heritage. Did i misinterpret “registered in the name of heritage”?

If the are registered in the name of Heritage it doesnt mean that its not a commingled account. Say I have Bigwilly’s SCV Fund, and I have 90 investors in my fund, its registered in my name but its not the Company’s money.

bigwilly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If the are registered in the name of Heritage it > doesnt mean that its not a commingled account. > Say I have Bigwilly’s SCV Fund, and I have 90 > investors in my fund, its registered in my name > but its not the Company’s money. doh :(, so what would the account be called if it is prop for Heritage :frowning: