Mock exam just crushed my soul

I dont get it, i did both sample exams and scored high seventies on one and low eighties on the other. just finished my first mock exam and i scored 62%. Anyone else have serious difficulties. Really disapointed now, not sure how to tackle my remaining time.

Look at the results. Did you do good in certain areas and bad in others?

hah welcome to my world yesterday. I got utterly depressed from my mock exam. Was even less than yours and I was averaging high 60 to 70 range until that point. I think I learned my lesson in that Schweser and qbank stuff helps only to the extent of brushing up the topics, specifically with actual problems. However, the real test looks like its more theory and concept, I barely touched my calculator for the mock. I wish I had known this earlier, I am in the process of re-reviewing everything from CFAI books but trying to grasp the concept rather than how to plug x variable into y problem to get answers. Good Luck. Red Bull might be your new best friend.

Most people seem to get lower results on the sample exams compared to the mocks. I wonder if one is more conceptual and the other more quant - I’ll find out when I take them tomorrow. That said, don’t be fazed by it: Write down the concepts you got wrong, reread the text, and drill problems. Done.

funniest part is that i got my worst marks on fixed income, which i thought was my best section and i got perfect on derivatives which i dont understand at all…makes no sense

Wait till you lot do the second… it’s hard… to be honest i didn’t find the first one too bad but the second was something… I got 70’s in the first and low 60’s in the second. Econ compeletely crushed me… But I think cubemonkey said it best when he said: That said, don’t be fazed by it: Write down the concepts you got wrong, reread the text, and drill problems. Done. Think about it this way… It’s better you know what you are weak at now, then on the day.

wzr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > funniest part is that i got my worst marks on > fixed income, which i thought was my best section > and i got perfect on derivatives which i dont > understand at all…makes no sense was the derivatives conceptual???

I just finished Mock #2 and got an 80%, which was the same score as my first mock that I took this past weekend. I will definitely say that Mock #2 is a bit harder than #1, but I have also had 3 more days of studying since taking it. The derivatives were very conceptual, but honestly, not too hard at all. I thought econ was significantly harder on #2.

can someone please send me the answers to mock 1 and 2? PLEASE cfaexam1@gmail.com