Mock exam performance

Hi guys

Just took the morning and afternoon exams consecutively and found them equally challenging. I ended up with the exact same score in each (78%) but found some of the questions a bit more challenging than the practice exams… particularly some of the material in FSA and equities. I also got incredibly frustrated with the amount of “least likely violated” questions in ethics in the second mock exam… there must have been about 8 in a row.

Anyway, how has everyone else found these mock exams… any tips?

That’s an awesome score. Keep working and get some good sleep the night before the exam so that you spot those ‘least likely’ tricks.

You’re right about the good night’s sleep - fingers crossed on that one.

Have you done the mock or are you waiting until closer to the exam? Reading the questions carefully is critical… I’m probably adding around 10 points per exam (compared to three weeks ago) just from improvements in actually answering what the question asks! Dumb mistakes are almost gone - just getting found out on some of the FSA and equities.

You’re right about the good night’s sleep - fingers crossed on that one.

Have you done the mock or are you waiting until closer to the exam? Reading the questions carefully is critical… I’m probably adding around 10 points per exam (compared to three weeks ago) just from improvements in actually answering what the question asks! Dumb mistakes are almost gone - just getting found out on some of the FSA and equities.

78% is a great score at this stage. I got 72%. I also found the mocks a lot harder and longer

I had 75% overall on the mock. I found the CFAI mock much harder and time consuming. Had to skip almost 20 qns because I figured it would take too much time to figure the question out. I have to say their ethics section is nothing like that of Elan or Schweser. The FRA and Econs sections are crazy as well.