Mock Exam Topics

In the mock exam details section of the CFAI Website it says, “Topics covered in the essay portion of the examination are not covered in the mock exam.” - - - I take this to mean exactly what it says; topics for the morning/essay portion are not on the mock. Is this how you guys interpret it as well? I realize this is a dumb question - but it just struck me as a little odd they would say that, so just wanted to confirm. Also, apologies in advance if this is covered in another thread (I searched but didn’t see it anywhere).

I guess they mean to say that this is not a Mock essay exam, but a mock MC exam (afternoon session). AFAIK - there is no restriction that a section tested in the AM session cannot be tested on the PM session.

cpk123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I guess they mean to say that this is not a Mock > essay exam, but a mock MC exam (afternoon > session). That’s what I think too, but CFAI phrased it quite ambiguously.

cityboy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cpk123 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I guess they mean to say that this is not a > Mock > > essay exam, but a mock MC exam (afternoon > > session). > > That’s what I think too, but CFAI phrased it quite > ambiguously. And therefore you cannot use it as an benchmark (samUrai)

lol