Mock exams are impossible!!

Doji, can you share your score breakdown from last year’s exam?

rightly said man

Just go for the final sprint now, there is no exact rule… i have seen people scoring way above 70 and still failing the exam. It is also a question to manage the real exam, being calm, efficient and able to finish it. If you score between 60-70, you have a chance.

doji 10 minutes and u again put us down

Babbabooey, here you go.

Item Set

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Corporate Finance 36 - * - - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 - * - - Equity Investments 72 * - - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 - - * - Quantitative Methods 18 * - -

Vicky_cool400, this is just reality. Scoring above 70 is not a guarantee of passing… just as scoring below 70 is not a guarantee of failing. As said, I was scoring 58% at my CFAI mock exam 3 days before and remember to have been devastated and frustrated. Don’t put too much attention to the score of those mock exams… unless you are below 60.

ok sir

hope for good day on saturday

Thanks Doji

Doji, how did you pass with that score? I scored below and failed, its all luck.

Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% Alternative Investments 18 - * - Corporate Finance 36 - - * Derivatives 36 * - - Economics 18 - - * Equity Investments 72 - - * Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - Portfolio Management 18 - - * Quantitative Methods 18 - * -

quick question regarding the section breakdown on the CFAI Level II Mock.

the equity section only consists of 3 item sets over the two sessions. if it is supposed to be 20%-30% of the entire exam, wouldn’t that mean there would have to be at least four item sets on the actual exam? just checking to see if I was missing something or if the CFAI was giving us more problems in other areas (which would be odd, imho).

I can’t beleive DOJI score is a pass, I was band 10 and I can see i have 2 sections higher than that and the rest similar!!! my mock last year was 74%

Guys, in reality those bands are too wide to make a judgement call. Somone who scores between 50-70 in all sections and passes might have scored 68 in all his subjects, while another who had three 70s but the rest just above 50 could have failed the test.

The bands are a poor measure of relative comparism.

He beat you in ethics, must have put him over the edge.

exactly!

impossible is nothing.

Maybe the high ethics pushed him through

I saw a result with 4 section less than 50 (this include 2 section with 2 item set), 3 above 70 and 3 50-70. And it was a pass result.

In my mind this is the CFA approach - rather than deepen the CBOK to weed out test takers they would rather write very complex cases to see how many of their little traps and vocab alterations you will catch

Nobody on this tread should be putting thier head down in dispare. This is my first go around with level 2 but I have to believe that if you are mid to upper 50s you have a fair chance. The mocks are not the real test and there are plenty of stories of peiple passing with no better than mid 50s on the mocks. Just push through and hope for the best on exam day. I pulled down a mid 70 on the CFAI mock and was down because all of my Schweser mocks were in the 80s and though these look like good scores - the rality is that there are enough stories of re-takers that were scoring mid 70s on CFAI mocks and ended up failing. I think the CBOK is way to large for 120 questions to really cover it so there is going to be some degree of variability on exam day and no one mid 50s and up should feel out of the picture just like no one scoring below 80 on mocks should feel like it’s in the bag (just my opinion). I’m trying to keep pushing; I spent yesterday re-learing swap valuation techniques that I thougt I knew but apparently didn’t really know. Don’t stop pushing we all have a shot at success/failure on Saturday.

Your comment make my day. Also maybe im just not prepared yet. I just passed the december level 1 exams, maybe its the period of study that im still lacking, though i feel, like many, that i understand the concepts. I just keep falling in traps. Thanks for the motivation, Lets rock this exam this Saturday people! Good luck to everyone.