Mock - GIPS Q

remember there was one about external cashflow, it’s a negative flow (-650k), which means it should be added back on to the End Value, but the CFAI subtracted that cashflow. anyone could tell me why?

When was the cashflow? Beginning of period or End of period?

was in the middle of the month. gotta calc the return from 1st day of the month up till the cashflow (-650k) i was using [MV1 - MV0 - (CF)]/MV0, since this CF is negative, the CF has been added back to MV1, but the answer still subtract CF from MV1, doesn’t make sense… that Q puzzles me…

if -CF occured before you took snapshot of MV1, then you HAVE TO ADD IT, no question about it

I would be interested in the language used, because this should be a straightforward question, no doubt.

I saw that one too…however, it wasn’t any clear language about the value of the account (before or after the CF).

This is why my 100% offer is still unattainable :slight_smile:

can’t remember the exact wording, but to me, it was a v. straight forward one… ws, did you get that Q right? i couldn’t find any choice even closer to my calc… :frowning:

i agree… i tried that calc for 10 mins… couldnt believe i was not being able to calculate it…

I guess they should not have included the (-) sign so you can simply subtract the 650k. Negative cash flow means adding back which gives you 20ish% return.

Agree, but noting come up after I add it back plus the number was incredibly big. e.g. 20% in 15 days. So I went the other way by subtracting it…

hope there are no such Qs in real exam, what a time waster…