Mock/Sample/Practice Exams Results Thread

I have been told a score of around 65% and you will be guaranteed to pass. Does anyone know if this is true? I know they do not give exact passing benchmarks. If that is the case, almost all of you do not need to stress too much! :slight_smile:

qbanks are easier than CFAi mosck exams and the Schweser volume exams. i was averaging mid 80ā€™s on qbank and Iā€™m more like 76%-81% on the schweser volume exams.

raw Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have been told a score of around 65% and you > will be guaranteed to pass. Does anyone know if > this is true? I know they do not give exact > passing benchmarks. If that is the case, almost > all of you do not need to stress too much! :slight_smile: Historically, they say, no candidate has ever failed with a score >70%ā€¦ The instructor who reviewed the Stalla live mock in DC last week indicated the score is likely to creep up to 72-73%ā€¦ any candidate who scores in the 70-73% range will have their Ethics section reviewed and the benefit of the doubt given to candidates who score well in Ethics. Again, this came from a Stalla instructor who claims this was communicated to him via the 2nd in command at the CFAiā€¦ so take it for what itā€™s worth Of course, if the test is ā€œmore difficultā€ this year, magic range could be 68-70%.

Schweser Vol 1 AM 05/06/09: 75%, 90/120 CFAi Sample 1 05/09/09: 70% CFAi Sample 2 05/10/09: 65% Schweser Vol 1 PM 05/13/09: 73%, 87/120 Stalla Live Mock AM (Washington DC) - 75% ā€” CFAi Sample 3 05/21/2009: 70% Thoughts: Eh, at times thought my score was going to be as high as 78 or so, but in the end it didnā€™t happen. Again, FRA continues to be my weakest sectionā€¦ I think Iā€™m going to drop everything and do an entire review (SS, Stalla Lecture notes, and a longgggggggggggg pass master session) of FRA this weekend. My scores would dramatically improve if I could drive the FRA score to 65-70%.

dhwit Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Historically, they say, no candidate has ever > failed with a score >70%ā€¦ > > The instructor who reviewed the Stalla live mock > in DC last week indicated the score is likely to > creep up to 72-73%ā€¦ any candidate who scores in > the 70-73% range will have their Ethics section > reviewed and the benefit of the doubt given to > candidates who score well in Ethics. Again, this > came from a Stalla instructor who claims this was > communicated to him via the 2nd in command at the > CFAiā€¦ so take it for what itā€™s worth > > Of course, if the test is ā€œmore difficultā€ this > year, magic range could be 68-70%. I have read some threads on the forum which somehow proved that actual MPS was in 60ā€™s historically. However, I guess it will increase this year 68-75% range.

dhwit, Iā€™ll be doing the same thing with economics after the BSAS this saturday. Keep at er.

Schweser Book 6-Exam 1 (Morning)-60% Schweser Book 6-Exam 1 (Afternoon)-78.3% Schweser Book 6-Exam 2 (Morning)-75% Schweser Book 6-Exam 2 (Afternoon)-74.2% Schweser Book 6-Exam 3 (Morning)-80% Schweser Book 6-Exam 3 (Afternoon)-77.5% Schweser Book 7-Exam 1 (Morning)-78.3% Schweser Book 7-Exam 1 (Afternoon)-78.3% Schweser Book 7-Exam 2 (Morning)-73.3% Schweser Book 7-Exam 2 (Afternoon)-75% Schweser Book 7-Exam 3 (Morning)-71.7% Schweser Book 7-Exam 3 (Afternoon)-75% CFAI Sample Exam-73% CFAI Mock (Morning)-83% CFAI Mock (Afternoon)-78.3% I thought that I was pretty safe with these marks, but now someone in the forum said that the safety marks could be around 72-73% which I think is a bit scary. My ethics score are always varying a lot, so in case of a close call I dont know whether ethics can save me.

Schweser 1 AM 05/06/09: 75%, 90/120 CFAi Sample 1 05/09/09: 70% CFAi Sample 2 05/10/09: 65% Schweser 1 PM 05/13/09: 73%, 87/120 Stalla Live Mock AM (Washington DC) - 75% CFAi Sample 3 05/21/2009: 70% ---- Schweser 2 AM 05/24/2009: 78% Thoughts: Felt pretty good throughout this examā€¦ the number of questions I marked to come back to due to 1) not knowing how to approach 2) too long to do on first passā€¦ was dramatically lower then previous exams. Also, weak areas such as FRA and Econ are dramatically improvingā€¦ hoping to peak on June 6th!

Just trying to get a sense if my scores indicate I am ready for the test and have a good chance of passing. I have taken all the schweser Book 6 tests and have scored consistantly around 76%. Doing about 80-83% in QBank. Took the CFA Mock and scored 80% in both halves. Took all 3 samples and scores are 56% on Sample 1 about a month ago, 70% on Sample 2 two weeks ago and 68% today on Sample 3 but made about 6 mistakes were I read it wrong or made a dumb mistake. Any info would be appreciated. Thanksā€¦

80% in CFA mock is GOOD! Keep it up!

Stalla live Mock AM 92/120 - found it very quantitative and finished with 1 minute to spare. CFAI mock AM 91/120 - made stupid mistakes because apparently I had some reason to rush and finish in 2:20. PM to come Wednesday evening. Does anyone have any idea how these stack up to the real things?

Really? I thought people would be getting a higher average for the mocks on Schweser website!

Stalla Practice Exam 1 AM: 82.5 % PM: 75.83%

Hi You guys are not just taking the #of qā€™s correct/total # of qā€™s to get the score right? You are using the topic weightings and applying them to each topic area the way it will be done in the actual exam right?

Rane84, taking the total number of questions does consider the topic weightings as in the exam - in Schweser, for example, the practice exams have weighted sections.

Oh fabulous! Thanks! :slight_smile:

Oh my just did the Schweser Vol 2 Exam 2ā€¦ AM section 81%, PM 72%! I have been much improving but the PM section was awful! Has anyone else done this exam?

june2009 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > qbanks are easier than CFAi mosck exams and the > Schweser volume exams. > > i was averaging mid 80ā€™s on qbank and Iā€™m more > like 76%-81% on the schweser volume exams. thats exactly where I am. I think we will be fine. I was Band 10 last time and failing everything (read 50s on CFAI mocks and 60s on QBANK). We should be okay.

billbelemy22 how did u use to score at Schweser , because right now am scoring average of 75 % (except for ecn and quant because i am excluding them from my solvings till i fix my problem with them) but i feel that a lot of questions are just solve bu just a process of elimination or goal seek ā€¦

I have been getting mid 70s on the first 2 schweser book 6 exams. I am saving the last Schweser exam for this weekend and will likely do the first CFAI mock this week. I took CFAI sample 1 today and got a 83%. I felt like it was pretty manageable and a bit easier than schweser. Wondering if others felt this way about the sample. Im sure that there is another post about this somewhere, but I couldnt find it. Thx.