Modeling

I am sure this has been asked several times but I couldn’t find anything in a search. During my off months leading up to studying to level 2, I wanted to start toying around with doing some stock valuations. Are there any good books out there that I can pick up at Borders or Amazon that really does a good job of breaking down the basics. I am okay with Excel, but I have never really used it to do much more than basic formulas etc. I would really like to build some skills in the modeling area but don’t know where to start. Thanks in advance

Wall St. Prep will get you started nicely.

i was wondering the same thing… i am thinking about buying the book financial modeling 3rd ed. by Simon Benninga anybody have any feedback about how helpful/good this book would be for building financial modeling skills? thanks

Hey MT Email me at kevin underscore f1 At hotmail.com and I can give you a few ideas…

Good Lord – somebody blow this thread up, pleeeeeeze!!!

Thanks everyone. Kevin, I’ll email you when I get home tonight.

MT327 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am sure this has been asked several times but I > couldn’t find anything in a search. > > During my off months leading up to studying to > level 2, I wanted to start toying around with > doing some stock valuations. Are there any good > books out there that I can pick up at Borders or > Amazon that really does a good job of breaking > down the basics. > > I am okay with Excel, but I have never really used > it to do much more than basic formulas etc. I > would really like to build some skills in the > modeling area but don’t know where to start. > > Thanks in advance When I saw the title of this thread I though you were heading to the Milano fashion scene

i can only turn right.

Fashion Modelling to Finance …that wd be a refreshing change from the usual IT/sales/BO to Finance threads …

We had some T-shirts printed for some work event which said “we do models on spreadsheets”. The bosses didn’t approve, but good puns are so underrated. I would also frequently tell people “I’m in modelling”, but I started to dislike the reply “No, really what do you do”.

As far as FactSet goes what is the difference between the basic and premium programs? Is the premium necessary if I just want to value equity for investment purposes and not look at it from an LBO or M&A standpoint?

MT327 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As far as FactSet goes what is the difference > between the basic and premium programs? Is the > premium necessary if I just want to value equity > for investment purposes and not look at it from an > LBO or M&A standpoint? And by FactSet I mean WallstreetPrep

Hey e-mail me at miker2843@yahoo.com I’ll be able to help MT327 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > MT327 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > As far as FactSet goes what is the difference > > between the basic and premium programs? Is the > > premium necessary if I just want to value > equity > > for investment purposes and not look at it from > an > > LBO or M&A standpoint? > > And by FactSet I mean WallstreetPrep

I am also interested in the modeling books. Could you maybe post the names of the books here? Thanks!