modelling skills in secondaries

Sorry for being repetitive but I cannot find relevant info… so I was hoping that somebody here knows whether while evaluating PE secondary investments one can acquire decent modelling skills (i.e. discounted cash flow analyses, EBITDA and valuation multiple calculations, comparable company analyses, and company/market).

PE secondary investing does indeed implement DCF analyses, comparable company analyses, and valuations based EBITDA and valuation multiple calculations. I have been at a PE FoF for 2 years out of undergrad. I am not sure how the modelling skills obtained via secondary analysis relates to other jobs, but I can assure the above items are major parts of the process. I am interested in finding out how this sort of work would apply to an equity research position, and whether the experience would help get an equity research analyst job.

BostonCFA123 - many many thanks for reply! Glad to read your answer. Maybe somebody here also knows the answer to BostonCFA123’s point… how the modelling skills obtained via secondary analysis relates to other jobs…?

The Marquee Group in Toronto and Wall Street Prep online are pretty good resources for this. Willy

Guys, promise to bother you last time… I just need to figure out one final thing: How do the modelling skills obtained via secondary private equity analysis relates to other jobs like investment banking M&A or direct PE investments? Many many many thanks in advance for advice