Monday Outlook

Man this market is getting so unpredictable. I pissed my pants in joy this morning when I saw my investments up 30% in pre-market trading. I thought the bail out plan may have a small positive effect on the stock since most gain was already anticipated. I never predicted the stock would lose its steam. Nevertheless I am still holding it. What is your outlook for Monday. A: Huge Sell off ( which I am predicting) B: Side way as buyers and sellers trying to make up their minds. C: 400 + gain ( I sure hope so)

Only god knows nowadays.

Global central bank rate cuts on Sunday evening. Paint it.

Sounds like we need a three sided quarter. I’m about to give up ever trying to understand the market. The market reacted today like the vote was 150% priced in and everyone knew the outcome already. I’m holding over the weekend as well. We finished the week down ~7%. After all of the volatility we closed only 30 more points down for the week. 3 year lows in the market indexes folks.

A 30% gain before the market opens? You need some serious portfolio management help. That is every bit as awful as a 30% loss.

Joe Explain please.

DonYuan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Man this market is getting so unpredictable. > I pissed my pants in joy this morning when I saw > my investments up 30% in pre-market trading. I > thought the bail out plan may have a small > positive effect on the stock since most gain was > already anticipated. I never predicted the stock > would lose its steam. Nevertheless I am still > holding it. What is your outlook for Monday. Buy the rumor and sell the fact. My sense is that fast money bought before the bailout and sold into the rally, the bailout being the catalyst. Why sell into the rally and not hold? Because many believe there’s still a lot more pain to come (our bank’s economist along with a few others are predicting +7% unemployment in 2009). It’s a quick play on betting that the bailout will occur in a worsening environment. my 2c

dead. cat. bounce. meow!

Are you serious Joey? This is how financial stocks react everyday know. There is nothing wrong with buying WB on Monday. I am fully aware of the risk. Please save your portfolio management lesson for yourself.

The market has further down to go. The bailout was priced in and nobody believes in it.

I don’t know if Nike is right or not, but that’s the way it feels to me.

Everyone should read Nouriel Roubini’s latest blog post ASAP. He details email exchanges he had with the guys on the front lines of this mess and it is downright scaring the hell out of me: http://www.rgemonitor.com/roubini-monitor/253853/financial_and_corporate_system_is_in_cardiac_arrest_the_risk_of_the_mother_of_all_bank_runs

Re: Monday Outlook Posted by: equity_analyst (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: October 3, 2008 11:13PM Everyone should read Nouriel Roubini’s latest blog post ASAP. He details email exchanges he had with the guys on the front lines of this mess and it is downright scaring the hell out of me: http://www.rgemonitor.com/roubini-monitor/253853/financial_and_corporate_system_is_in_cardiac_arrest_the_risk_of_the_mother_of_all_bank_runs - - - - – -- - – - - Damn. I was following the TED spread last week - didn’t know it hit 3.6% - thats insane. "- The money markets and interbank markets have shut down as - despite the Senate passing the bail-out bill - yesterday USD Overnight Libor was still at 268bp after reaching an all-time high of 6.88%; the USD 3m Libor-OIS spread widened to record 270 basis points; EUR 3m LIBOR-OIS spread is at record 130bp; the TED spread is at record 360bps (TED was 11bps one month ago); Money and credit markets are dysfunctional also in emerging markets ; and agency bond spreads are also at highs again. "

I don’t know how much worse it can get though - - I think we are near the bottom. The Dow usually goes down what, 28% in recessions? I am not sure of the exact number, but it seems like we have to start to go up sometime in Q4, even if it is a lagging, slow increase. - I have no idea about Monday though - I don’t really follow short term as much as long term.

The focus is now going to be on Europe. Banks there are in worse shape than ours here in the states.

Futures on Bloomie are down nearly 2%. It’s possible a scare will evolve over the weekend.

Futures on Bloomie are down nearly 2%. It’s possible a scare will evolve over the weekend.

Black Monday II

FNM/FRE CDS settlements on Monday as well…

" “The American International Group said on Friday that it had already drawn down $61 billion of the $85 billion emergency bridge loan it received from the Federal Reserve two weeks ago, an announcement that startled credit ratings agencies.” " http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/04/b...r=1&oref=slogin