Monday -- PreMarket;

How will the markets react to the euro backstop? They seemed to like the news in Asia. How will the Euro react in currency trading during market hours here? The FX rates have been all over the place (jumping 50 pips in a few minutes) How will the markets react to BP? Where does reform stand with Amedinijad’s (sp) meeting coming up, woes in the UK parliment, oil spills in the gulf and bailout in Europe? The only real driver I see to reform right now is the hangover everyone is feeling from our 1,000 point ride on the 7th.

its gonna be a big day. Look at the futures market

allegro-cpa/cfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > its gonna be a big day. Look at the futures > market Yeah i was watching that last night and they were already up at 10pm. The Asian markets look good too. In my personal opinion this is just delaying the inevitable. I think Germany should just buy Greece. They can handle the debt load and with Greece they would have access to shipping routes in the med. Also, it would become the defacto tourist spot for socks-with-sandals wearing German tourists which would help GDP growth, since no one over there seems like they actually want to work, in Greece that is. Finally, maybe Merkel can get some sun which she is in Santorini.

If anyone has questions about the Europe Stablization Fund let me know. I’m on a conf call later today and I need some thinking points (besides my own f’ed up judgement) to lead into this call.

I feel like I’ve gone out to an expensive restaurant, I ate the inexpensive meal, and I’m worried about how we’re dividing the check.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I feel like I’ve gone out to an expensive > restaurant, I ate the inexpensive meal, and I’m > worried about how we’re dividing the check. Credit card roulette?

from what I’ve read, the EU piece of the bailout goes against their founding principles. instead of risking another meltdown, we create perverse incentives to keep the status quo. same thing with the bank bailouts, more collectivism, more concentration of power, less accountability. another turn down the wrong road.

You kind of get the feeling that the entire premise of modern finance is just one vast Ponzi scheme.

newsuper Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You kind of get the feeling that the entire > premise of modern finance is just one vast Ponzi > scheme. Welcome to a globalized world. The World is certainly flat these days. Think about it if your a hedgie bond trader all last week you beat down the euro bonds, then friday if you changed your position. You basically doubled up your gains. Hedge funds do not need to hire CFAs anymore, time to hire political consultants who know how to read government actions.

Markets took off today boy! cha ching

VIX is getting crushed but no significant action in euro hmmm…so, after yesterday what is the catalyst for euro going to parity?