Money Market Research

What’s a good resource I can use to view the holdings of money market funds? I’ve been given the glorious task of taking all of the MM funds my firm uses to see what kind of exposure our clients have. I don’t know why we didn’t do this 2 weeks ago when I suggested it. Luckily, I think, none of our MM funds have broken the buck yet.

bloomberg can show you the holdings

our firm had 1.1 billion with the Reserve Fund… no one ever did any money market due diligence.

otherwise depending on your firm and who its with i would just pick up the phone and tell them to send you the current holdings and statistics…much easier than digging around.

Red’s Cigar Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > our firm had 1.1 billion with the Reserve Fund… > no one ever did any money market due diligence. Damn. I know, it’s really a sign of the times lol.

i remember at my old firm noticing that the “treasury reserve fund” was actually comprised of all corporate repos(and in pretty big weights with each financial company), not a single treasury in there…not sure how that one’s looking nowadays, but i am guessing some people are taking a deeper look at that stuff about now…

Yeah, Federated’s Treasury Cash Series Money Market is about 95% repos and 5% treasury’s.

@ ChuckRox8. Try Reuters, might be feasible depending on the number of MM Funds you have to look up :slight_smile: http://funds.reuters.com/lipper/retail/reuters/overview.asp?type=f

Chuckrox8 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What’s a good resource I can use to view the > holdings of money market funds? I’ve been given > the glorious task of taking all of the MM funds my > firm uses to see what kind of exposure our clients > have. I don’t know why we didn’t do this 2 weeks > ago when I suggested it. Luckily, I think, none > of our MM funds have broken the buck yet. why didn’t you guys do this back in august of 2007? not trying to be a dick just askin is all?

They may have. I wasn’t there last August.

I can check Capital IQ tomorrow Chuckrox and fire you a report? Willy

That would be great. There are about a dozen MM funds that have significant commercial paper exposure to some questionable firms. Do you want me to shoot you that list Willy?

Yeah sure. I’ll see if I can look them up. No guarantees. But I can take a gander. Willy