More on LEH...

I’ve been back in NYC this weekend, and this evening I went out with some friends to check out Mansion and Marquee. Overheard from a couple of buddies at BofA and Lehman was that they were pretty confident that BofA would be buying LEH in the very near future. Now, I’m not normally the kind of person to pass unsubstantiated rumors, but given the recent discussion about LEH, I figured it’d at least create some interesting discussion. Any BofA or LEH employees here care to opine? At the very least, it’s some good food for thought before I head to bed. I guess we’ll find out about the outcome soon. Goodnight folks.

hmm I heard Barclays?

I’m betting on none of the above. I don’t think this gets done until next weekend after a really disatrous week at LEH.

If theres no deal…there may be a bankruptcy filing! or the bankruptcy lawyers may just be a bargaining tactic for the fuld!

I think Fuld is to stubborn for all of that. Burn, baby, burn…

dealbreaker is reporting a good bank/bad bank solution with BofA taking the good bank.

BofA will be a disaster, nuclear impact, waiting to happen. Their CEO has showed under his leadership what they can do with their investment banking division. Plus, they have’nt even digested countrwide yet. The number of lay-offs that would happen if BofA tookover will shatter previous records. HSBC is the best choice followed by Barclays. Ideal choice: LEH miraculously gets funding and manages to stay independent.

I have not heard anything more then what I hear on these boards. I am at LEH

http://www.forbes.com/afxnewslimited/feeds/afx/2008/09/14/afx5421277.html LONDON, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Bank of America, Barclays and Goldman Sachs are expected to agree a deal as early as Sunday to buy stricken U.S. investment bank Lehman Brothers, Britain’s Sunday Express reported

goldman, hmmm, thatm ight work. i agree, bofa doesnt want more ib exposure.

Barclays are out

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aZvzZVTCUEKs&refer=home Sept. 14 (Bloomberg) – Barclays Plc, the U.K.'s third- biggest bank, pulled out of talks to buy Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. because it could not agree on terms to ring fence troubled assets at the U.S. investment bank. Barclays dropped out of discussions to buy all or parts of New York-based Lehman because it could not secure guarantees from the U.S. government or agree on terms to mitigate potential losses in the firm’s investment banking division, a London-based spokesman for Barclays said in a telephone interview today.

Lord help the employees if BofA ends up buying LEH

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m betting on none of the above. I don’t think > this gets done until next weekend after a really > disatrous week at LEH. Liking this bet better now…

Who’d have thought my Bahamanian internet gambling site would be a better counter-party than LEH?