Morning Checklist

Hey guys, I’m sure some of you are anal like me and are already preparing every possible thing you’ll need for the exam tomorrow. On my list: - Passport - 3 exam tickets (just in case) - 4 mechanical pencils with lead - Eraser - 2 HP calculators - Earplugs - Watch I know we can’t carry cell phones inside, but do you guys know if we’ll have a place to stow our stuff (like a locker or something)?

I took it last year in NYC and they had a guarded area where you could stow all of your personal belongings. Only negative, the stow area in NYC weren’t lockers. It was just a roped off area I plan on bringing my notes and what not in a bookbag and leaving them in the stow area during the exam.

someone on this post mentioned that mechanical pencils are not allowed…you might wanna carry the regular ones too.

I think someone recently posted a response they got from CFAI saying that mechanical pencils were allowed as long as they are HB or No. 2-- seems like the lead is the issue and they want you to make sure you are using lead that will be recognized by the scoring system. But you are right, it wouldn’t be a terrible idea to bring a couple regular pencils.

Yea I am bringing like 5 mech and 5 regular pencils, can never be to sure. Thats the list, nothing really else you can bring :slight_smile: Except maybe lunch if you dont want to venture out to far and find food between tests (personally I feel like I could use a quick stroll :P)

thisisbrianly Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hey guys, > > I’m sure some of you are anal like me and are > already preparing every possible thing you’ll need > for the exam tomorrow. > > On my list: > - Passport > - 3 exam tickets (just in case) > - 4 mechanical pencils with lead > - Eraser > - 2 HP calculators > - Earplugs > - Watch > > I know we can’t carry cell phones inside, but do > you guys know if we’ll have a place to stow our > stuff (like a locker or something)? Thanks. I was thinking of checking up the website to get the exact morning list. This cuts my work!

i used a mechanical pencil last year so it’s acceptable

Just got off the phone with CFAI…as others mentioned, mechanical is absolutely fine as long as the lead is #2 or HB.

my mechanical pencil says 0.5 HB lead. Is that ok?

Just to confirm… no photo needed on hall ticket?

Is there a clock in the exam center?

No clock but they inform by a board each 30 minutes and verbal 15 last minutes

Is it truly required to report to the testing center a full hour before the session starts? I plan on doing so… but I’m curious as to why?