Morning Routine

Does anyone have a morning routine (once they enter the office, I dont care about your shower)? For instance: Check Futures, read WSJ & FT, AnalysForum, Bloomberg screens, etc. I have been forcing myself to get into a better routine and am curious.

sign on computer----coffee----check future----check trade blotter—analystforum.

Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can’t see me, heh - after that I sorta space out for an hour. Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I’m working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I’d say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work. It’s not that I’m lazy, it’s that I just don’t care. It’s a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I work my butt off and Initech ships a few extra units, I don’t see another dime - so where’s the motivation? And here’s another thing, I have eight different bosses right now. Eight. So that means when I make a mistake, I have eight different people coming by to tell me about it. That’s my only real motivation is not to be hassled, that, and the fear of losing my job. But you know, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.

you must be one of the 10,000 Tech guys trying to break into finance…where do you work, Initech?

“Thank you calling Initech, how may I direct your call?”

Doesn’t it bother you that you have to get up in the morning and you have to put on a bunch of pieces of flair?

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that’s on the worst day of my life. Get coffee, turn on computers, check email, check bloomberg, check AF, WSJ.

The 3 S’s - even at my desk.

Ummm, yeah, I’m going to have to ask you to come in on Saturday… Regarding morning routine: Computer, coffee, phone messages, AF, email, etc, etc…nothing out of the ordinary.

Did you get the memo about the TPS reports? http://www.scribd.com/doc/3649/TPS-Report-from-Office-Space

Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It’s not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad. Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn’t Michael Bolton.

“PC Load Letter”? What the f*c% does that mean?

drudgereport, cnn top stories of the day, google finance, AF forum, Bloomberg

Check email, check bloomberg, view positions, recheck the lines, call dealers, trade, debate about whether to input trades before or after Starbucks, hit Starbucks, input trades… then think about lunch… lol I’m getting hungry just thinking about it.

emails, wsj, coffee, globeandmail

Check Bloomberg Asia news before going to bed. Browse Bloomberg news on the way to office. Show up to work around 7:30-8am. Brew a cup of looseleaf tea with bergamot and/or jasmine. Check emails from Europe and any urgent tasks that accumulated since last night. Launch Fintag, Finviz, etc. and read up on hedge fund news. Check xkcd and pearls before swine and laugh out loud. Whistle “I Want It All” by Queen and launch my tools of trade.

“Corporate Accounts payable, tina speaking, JUSTA MOMENT”

"I have a morning ritual that I go through before every big exam. I call it “The Terminator”. First, I crouch down in the shower in the classic “naked terminator traveling through time” pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed to the exam as an emotionless, cyborg badass. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy. " Author: ccooper55 Date: Thursday, August 12 @ 1:49 pm thought this deserved a bump

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I’ll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > "I have a morning ritual that I go through before > every big exam. I call it “The Terminator”. First, > I crouch down in the shower in the classic “naked > terminator traveling through time” pose. With my > eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, > visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the > second movie (not the chick in the third one > because that one sucked) and I start to hum the > terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing > position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed > to the exam as an emotionless, cyborg badass. The > only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my > terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy. " > > Author: ccooper55 > Date: Thursday, August 12 @ 1:49 pm > > > thought this deserved a bump lol I remember this post. I was busting out laughing and everybody looked at me like wtf.