Morning Session

I would say blue boxes along with eoc’s if you dont have them memorized too. Then Schweser exams if you have them. Sounds like you will be ready on exam day.

I hope so … I still get confused when i see questions like the “calculate the WACC” in the pension plan case in 2009 morning session … that got me really CONFUSED ! :expressionless:

Ya especially because what they call the WACC is really the required return on equity for that section using the beta including pensions… The author calls it WACC so they stuck to it I guess.

I don’t want to be a negative Nancy, but i highly highly doubt that this board represents the top 10% of takers. I am finally beginning to find the ips to be the low hanging fruit. But to each his or her own. My guess is if you can get 80% on what you know and limit the damage on a few sections, that’s decent. With three weeks left, there’s time. If you get the am to 60 and 75 on the pm, i think you’ll be able to order new business cards this summer.

This is my 2nd time taking L3 -and here’s why…I spent a F#CKING HOUR on a single problem in the AM section last year. I got a perfect score on it (at least above 70, but I know I nailed it). However - I left three questions blank and spent inadequate time on the others. Dumb I know, but something to consider for first time test takers. Learn from my mistakes.

I was so pissed/tired from the AM that I didn’t put much effort into the PM.

L3 is not like L2 or L1. It’s 2 different exams in one day.

My advice is to take prior AM exams way before taking Schweser practice exams. Get to know the format. Only after taking prior AM exams and doing CFAI material move to Schweser. A person who knows somebody said Schweser has a grand total of 2 people working on L3 updates. They are trying to sell a product, not help you learn. With Stalla out of the equation, the effort is even less. Focus on CFAI. It’ll serve you best - or so I’ve been told. I’ll let you know how it worked out for me late August…