Most difficult morning exam so far? (2010-2015)

2014: 80%

Will do 2010, 2012, 2013 in the next two days.

they are all the same to me… pretty damm hard but certainly doable.

2015 the hardest

By order that I’ve taken them…

2013:75%

2015:73%

2011:79%

2015 : 82.7%

best score I have gotten so far.

2011 i found very difficult. 2014 was the easiest i thought

i feel like 2015/2014 are exceptional compared to the previous 10 years… none of the calculation questions are straight forward… for the most part they are no longer asking you to plug in numbers into formulas, but now using the formulas in ways that are not always intuitive and never shown in any BB/EOC… one example is the 2014 Taylor Rule question where you are taking the difference between 2 sets… or the BF question about buying/ selling shares based on biases… or the IPS question where you have to solve for N and PV 2014/2015… that has never been asked before… clearly 2014 and 2015 are “different” and harder IMO

the exams from early 2000’s are joke easy) - really made me reconsider how I view these CFA oldtimers…

They are all hard and also getting more and more difficult to predict what kinds of questions will be asked. Just try to apply what you know as best you can. I would also advise to answer the easy questions first to build confidence because some people get stuck on a brutal question and never finish AM. You will miss easy points if you don’t get through all the questions.

2013: 80%

2013-15 seem equally hard so far. The little variations come from your strong and weak points IMO.

So, 50/50 on passing eh there bud? Lmao.

^Remember when anyone asked for your opinion?

#MeNeither

From my experience:

2011 - Very easy

2012- Brutal

2013 - Very difficult

2014 - Quite easy

2015 - Bordering on easy with slight tricks that are easy to overlook

Take 10% off the AM, I do the exam over the whole day, and I might be more lenient in giving partial credit.

Stil that should be close to 65-70%. I still feel I’m missing something, I haven’t crossed the 300 hour mark, maybe even the 250 hour mark, even with the 100 hours of solving problems the last two weeks.

Anyway, Ethics, GIPS and behavioural finance are my biggest weaknesses, which explains why AM scores are better than PM for me so far.

Not as prepared going into this one as I did in L2. That was 500+ hour studying easy. Pretty sure was the fastest person to leave the exam and pass that year.

I think Mr. S knows I’m just teasing, plus it was a compliment based on how well he’s scoring.

I’m a L3 candidate posting on a L3 board. You’re a gimmick account with the Charter who posts here just to troll people. At midnight, no less. Meaning this is a hobby of yours.

Killing it, bro.

Ah, it’s alright. He kinda grows on you.

Wrapping up with 2012, not as good as the rest unfortunatley.

2012 was really tough. I finished 2015 yesterday, pleased overall. A few dumb reading mistakes, and kind of blew some easy things by overthinking them (hey let’s try to calculate style bias out of a bunch of numbers when it’s just given to you???) but I thought 2014/2015 were quite fair exams. Maybe it’s because I did them last as well…

Agreed. Sweet memorial day weekend lol. But his Charter is framed and cleaned each morning in his office and he’ll be the first to tell you about it.

#latenightfun #CFAAllStar #nodaysoff

Welp, got my ass handed to me for 2012, 73%.

That’s like beyond comfortably passing.

Nah, I’m an easy grader.

Will do 2010 tomorrow and that’s it for the exam. Then review some GIPS/AMC/taxes/formulas/behavioural stuff on Thursday. Friday gym and watching TV.

I’m still hitting and missing on several topics, some parts I have literally no idea about, not too happy with that. Had another good 50-100 hours of study time in me. Hope it’s enough for Saturday.