Most frustrating mistake?

• Not knowing the BOP and missing 2 questions because of it. - Not reading the Research Objectivity Standards in months.

Not discounting the payoff on the swaption, said it a thousand times but it’s still bothering me.

I read exchange rates wrong in all-current method question. As a result I think I got about 5 questions wrong in the set. There are many qs I made stupid miskates I woud never forget in my life!

the 35 or so i got wrong for sure, thats my biggest regret

*I didn’t think to divide the 290 by 18^2 instead of .18^2 to calculate beta on the PM question and gave up after getting betas in the thousands *I missed that the 2 parted min. variance frontier said adding an additional asset would shift curve to the right(I figured left) I think these were fatigue issues as it was the last item set in PM session but I’ll be pissed if fail w/ solid marks

you know i feel like this test really wasn’t so hard – i studied schwesser inside & out and even went through alot of the cfai books… there wasn’t a single question on the exam where i looked at as if it was ancient egyption hieroglyphics… but, it was just so easy to not remember level I stuff and make stupid mistakes… matter of fact, i think my score is going to be borderline cuz all i did was stupid mistakes, non-stop… if i fail this exam – it will not be for a lack of knowing the material

I thought the curve does shift to the left since the variance should decrease when adding to a portfolio…no?

whatever, you can get like 40 wrong and still pass people so stop beating yourselves up for the handful of questions that you know you missed…

I am ashamed to miss this. . . I got the Alpha question wrong. I think I just put down the expected return. Unexplainable mistake. . . so obvious.

that was this years trap – deceptivaly easy as opposed to last years trap – you didn’t study the cfai books you were screwed

sbugrad89 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I thought the curve does shift to the left since > the variance should decrease when adding to a > portfolio…no? You are right, but the questions (it was a yes/no) said left… so it was no. It was one of those statements that I have read so many times word for word that I don’t even think I finished reading it before marking it right. I didn’t realize it said “shift right” until it was discussed on this forum.

my biggest mistake was spending 20-30 minutes on the second question of the all current/temporal vignette. It question was asking what the translated net income was under the all current method. What did I do? I read, translated and then starting banging out the formulas and working out the flow and holding gain/loss. Needless to say, I couldn’t work it out. Finally gave up and then went back to the question at the end and got the correct answer ( I think) Anyway, this mistake made me rush through half of the paper.

there was a question about growth duration at the equity section. I didn’t choose beta as the awnser, because I tought that would make the question too easy. Because of that I missed the question after that as well…damm… this might cost me a year… This incident makes me now a borderline canditate, or else I would be much more confident.

may have missed the swap rate quesiton do to time pressure/moving too fast (using the wrong Z4). i would never in a million years miss this otherwise. ironically though, some dumb luck may have served me well in PM negating my folly.

Most frustrating mistake? ^^I was going to go with “enrolling in the CFA Program.”

In general, changing correct answers to incorrect answers with the little bit of extra time at the end of each session…such as the real estate question about the property that has a higher tax rate than comparable properties. I think I changed 4 or 5 that I now thing were originally correct because I had a little bit of extra time to overthink them. Not including the interest payment for the accrual tranche question. Not factoring in the amortization of identifiable intangible assets in the equity method question. Messing up the inflation flow through.

JustPass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am ashamed to miss this. . . I got the Alpha > question wrong. > > I think I just put down the expected return. > Unexplainable mistake. . . so obvious. Ashamed…pff…I got that one wrong as well. That and the Current Account/Financial Account questions. Three of the easiest questions on the exam…-3 for me. Sweet.

i had the swaption payoff of $30,000 per quarter multiplied by the discount facot and still put $120K, so annoyed. the two Current/ financial account questions on Econ. not using the tax shield when recalculating NPV

I think I’m somewhere around 35-40 questions wrong based on all the questions we went over and after giving myself an additional 10-15 wrong just in case…This is gona be a CLOSE one…

cps44 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In general, changing correct answers to incorrect > answers with the little bit of extra time at the > end of each session…such as the real estate > question about the property that has a higher tax > rate than comparable properties. I think I > changed 4 or 5 that I now thing were originally > correct because I had a little bit of extra time > to overthink them. > > Not including the interest payment for the accrual > tranche question. > > Not factoring in the amortization of identifiable > intangible assets in the equity method question. > > Messing up the inflation flow through. cpss44: i did so many of those, i.e., changing from right to wrong, and i know now that i had the correct answers, then second-guessed myself several times in the end, and changing to the wrong answers. i feel so terrible, because i have at least 4 stupid ones which could make a whole lot of difference had i not changed them. i’m looking to resit next year.