Most frustrating mistake?

i can not believe that i totallty missed the FI question relating that it was a zero coupon bond and hence that was the duration…

1. Not studying Professional standards the last day, which was my plan 2) I thought Hotels lost more value than land without looking at numbers…! 3) I thought swap spread was spread to libor curve and not world risk!!! 4) I forgot the duration of zero coupons were maturity 5) I chose Fisher instead of PPP – ARGH!!! How could I? 6) I told my boss before the exam that I was convinced of passing and he said he believed in me. 7) MUCH MORE!

I calculate alpha without substracing the required return… now that’s just plain stupid.

When interest rates go up…what happens to value of I/O strip? I put increases, since it was the first answer I saw and didn’t bother reading the rest of the answer or the rest of the choices…so mad.

Bacaladitos Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 1) Not studying Professional standards the last > day, which was my plan > 2) I thought Hotels lost more value than land > without looking at numbers…! > 3) I thought swap spread was spread to libor curve > and not world risk!!! > 4) I forgot the duration of zero coupons were > maturity > 5) I chose Fisher instead of PPP – ARGH!!! How > could I? > 6) I told my boss before the exam that I was > convinced of passing and he said he believed in > me. > 7) MUCH MORE! Wow, item #6 IS really a mistake… I haven’t even told my boss that I am taking the exam since I started with Level 1

1. Skimmed over the real estate formulas and didn’t revise them. 2. Solved a similar question on BOP but when it came out in a question like that got it wrong. 3. Read a couple of questions in a hurry and picked the answer they did not ask for.

Taking the exam. Sometimes I wonder if all I learned from this process is that I’ll never make money in Vegas.

chaucy1999 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Bacaladitos Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > 1) Not studying Professional standards the last > > day, which was my plan > > 2) I thought Hotels lost more value than land > > without looking at numbers…! > > 3) I thought swap spread was spread to libor > curve > > and not world risk!!! > > 4) I forgot the duration of zero coupons were > > maturity > > 5) I chose Fisher instead of PPP – ARGH!!! > How > > could I? > > 6) I told my boss before the exam that I was > > convinced of passing and he said he believed in > > me. > > 7) MUCH MORE! > Wow, item #6 IS really a mistake… I haven’t even > told my boss that I am taking the exam since I > started with Level 1 Well, he paid for it. I had to tell him about the exam!

the econ questions re current account, given I have an econ MA

price of future vs. forward (correlation between asset and interest rates) read it 10 times, got it wrong!!!