Most likely (inter-linked) Topics...

to be tested. Was thinking about if the majority is alike, has the same fears and/or is pushing hard for the same topics. What are you working the hardest on, what are you most anxious on, what is your sure bet? Maybe each one of us can find some “sleepers” in here that need more work. Might also be good for recalling the big picture that is stressed so much. - intercorporate investments, maybe link to CDO/ABS/MBS and HTM/AFS/trading, VIE - pension accounting, US GAAP vs IFRS, i.e. old vs new standard in US GAAP - time series, AR(t), unit roots, regression violations, link to APT, factor models, ICAPM - FX arbitrage (wasn’t in last year’s exam), link to parity conditions, multinational corp. FSA - economic growth theories, link to industry analysis - stock option accounting - interest rate trees, binomial option pricing - some real nasty MBS/HEL/CDO questions, link to swaps/CDS - oh, and of course hedge funds & real estate

• intercorporate investments, maybe link to CDO/ABS/MBS…hmmm, how so?

Just for a change to stocks & bonds. More related to AFS/trading than EQ/prop. cons. and cons.Definitely unrealized gains/losses, reclassifying between HTM/AFS/trading and effects on I/S and B/S.

convertible bonds

I can say with conviction that Time Series will be on the exam. Mentioned in 3 study sessions. Quant and PM always go together – kinda like Pink and Zim.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > convertible bonds ha, I pray this is tested like a mo fo. I’m curious what this year’s TB will be.

3_letters Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I can say with conviction that Time Series will be > on the exam. Mentioned in 3 study sessions. > > Quant and PM always go together – kinda like Pink > and Zim. this year you can add Econ to that little get together…they moved half of what was in Econ last year to PM this year FSA All current/translation and Equity: Emerging

markgrace Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > >I’m curious what this year’s TB will be. So am I… So am i.

This year there will be one question on T-B.