Most times failed the exams

SeanC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You really have to respect people who have the > determination to keep on going after so many > failures I have great respect for such people.

highparkcfa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I know someone with a PhD in Finance who failed L2 > three times before passing it. I wonder if we know the same person…this person you know didn’t write a corporate finance book and teach at a NE state university, did he?

The two guys sitting in front of me for LIII this year: Guy 1: “Have you taken the LIII exam before?” Guy 2: “Yeah, this is my fourth time.” Guy 1: “That’s ok, this is my fifth.” No joke.

All 4 times at L2 the same guy sat near me. Another guy was there the last 3 times. When I was at L3 the first guy was still at L2. The second guy didn’t show.

There’s a guy on the level 3 forum (I believe his screen name is Level8) who has taken the level 3 exam 8 times.

former trader Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There’s a guy on the level 3 forum (I believe his > screen name is Level8) who has taken the level 3 > exam 8 times. I thought he said he’s taken 8 tests total…not only level 3 eight times. I could be wrong.

Don’t mean to sour the moment, but people should know when they’re conquered. Strike 3 on a any level and you should head to the dugout. I’d rather you save years of your life and pursue an MBA, save yourself the time and grief.

Not to sour the moment even further, but is it more a case of determination or a case of being “pot committed” (ie. not being able to look past the sunk costs)?

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SeanC Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > You really have to respect people who have the > > determination to keep on going after so many > > failures > > I have great respect for such people. Sure you do. In fact, you respect them so much that you would pluck out your eyeballs if you failed any of the exams.

I was not conquered, simply delayed. You’d rather me save years of my life and pursue an MBA? Thanks for caring!

I respect their determination too… but I would still kill myself if it took me more than 6 tries to get past the 3 exams.

guys I’ve killed the summer of all Level1 candidates lol

Given that according to The Economist 25% of people don’t show up. Are those people who go 3/3 only counting the exams they show up for??

I wonder what the correlation between passing the exams and working in the business is? I think that if you’re an analyst or a pm your day-to-day roles are at least casually related to what the CFA teaches you and must in some way encourage you to earn the dam thing, not so much becuase of content overlap but because you’re more likely to interact with current CFAs. This may not be the case if you’re in a different business, such as fast food services. Willy

No, Joey it’s not him. This guy did asset management for a big buys-side firm. He’s in derivatives somewhere in Europe now.