Most Useless College Majors

they can also pull another John Carter easily, the similarities with Star Wars are much greater than the movies you cited

I have two utterly useless undergraduates degrees from what I’m told is a prestigious liberal arts college. They’ve never mattered one bit. GPA, connections, and the school’s Rep got me and everyone else I know hired in their first job. But the real X-factor has always seemed to be the individual. I love how my useless degrees vex people who come from countries where you study “useful” things like business management when you are 17. A Russian girl I dated said to me, “You majored in English. You’re only qualified to be an English teacher.”

^Zuckerberg, Gates and Lebron are only qualified to be school custodians or work at McD’s by that logic. Raw talent counts for nothing in some cultures.

Says the Argentine.

^haha, yeah, my bad. It’s Yoda. I should know better.

John Carter was actually a decent movie - much better than Star Wars episode 1. The problem was that no one knew about the movie. Or they heard about it, but the marketing failed to create a desirable response. This was a problem with publicity and lack of brand image, not the movie itself. With any kind of Star Wars movie, publicity is not a problem. Disney is guaranteed $100 million in ticket sales for the brand name alone. If the movie is good, call that another 100 million.

I’m having a hard time keeping it together between “Joda” and bchad’s butchering of the very touching moment where Vader reveals himself to be Luke’s father.

Sorry to butcher it. I was typing on an iPhone and was trying to recall if from memory.

^ at least you didn’t go the “Luke, I am your father” route.

Hospitality Management is a puzzle… I got into a fight with some dude at a party because I called him a ***** for doing it. obviously there are peculiarities to running a hotel but why not just study “business administration”, a lot more career options. i can understand women doing it… but for a man its just not right. people should have ambition of being the fund manager, not the controller.

lolz that;s the christmas spirit!

What about studying Human Sexuality for a degree? The woman in this article has PhD in it, no job, and $150K of student loan debt. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20663550

What is the world coming to when the author of “Dry Humping Not Just For Horny Teens” cannot find a job? http://www.thesexologist.org/aboutjill.php

She’s so zeroed in on clits that maybe she spends her days fingering herself and can’t find a job. Also, with that rack and teaching sexuality, half of her students must have a stiffy bell to bell.

Pretty sure there’s an easy way for her to pay down those loans, given her clientele…

if the devil is in the details where is god?

Funny story about Brazil (I’m aware I’m doing this too much recently). There’s an organization called CFA here (Conselho Federal de Administracao - like Federal Management Council or something). Those guys are like the association of business graduates. They must’ve done some kind of lobby and there’s a law here where, to run a company, you must have a degree in business/management and be a member of this CFA. To be a member you get a degree and pay them every year, so they can sent you something like a 2 page journal that basically lists some dinners they had at your expense. Thankfully, nobody pays attention to that law, and nobody seems to fiscalize it as well. The weird thing is that, by the letter of the law, technically, guys like Steve Jobs, Gates or Buffet would not be able to run a company in Brazil - they would have to take some advisor role and maybe hire a 21-year-old with a degree to be the CEO. A recent one, that has been bouncing around in the courts, is that journalists now have to have a journalism degree to, well, work in journalism. So if any of our former US presidents desire to be a political correspondent they won’t be qualified for that. Oh well. Gotta go change all my lamps preemptively now, before I’m obliged to hire an electric engineer for that. By the way, to be a politician there’s no need for any degree, and then they can vote on how important it is for everybody else to have it.

To our friends, everything. To our enemies, the law!