Motivational Thoughts

We’re all burnt out, but here’s what keeping me going - - If so and so (insert name of appropriate colleague) can become a CFA, then so can I; - If I don’t pour it on now, then all the time I’ve already spent will be wasted; - Hey this stuff is actually interesting and something I want to learn and excel at; - If I’m gonna do this, then I’m going to give it everything I’ve got and hold nothing back. - Then there’s all the old cliches - Winners never quit, quitter never win. This is where they separate the men from the boys, the woman from the girls, the real CFA’s from the wanna be’s. What’s driving you and keeping you going?

I’ll get my CFA and bitch slap (colleague name) and proudly quit my job…

I learned that if you want to make it bad enough, no matter how bad it is, you can make it. The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination. If you doubt you can accomplish something, then you can’t accomplish it. You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through. Don’t let go of your dreams. If you have determination and belief in your dreams, you will succeed in spite of your desire to let go. There is no man living who isn’t capable of doing more than he thinks he can do

A flute without holes is not a flute.

Forgot one - - If it were easy, then everyone would be a CFA.

Then everyone would be a CFA Charterholder Kelly…Std 7. Can’t use CFA as a noun.

Can you imagine the day you get your results celebrading your accomplisment, getting the congratulations from your co-workers, feeling good inside?

So I don’t have to jump off the bridge of shame. Everyone I support is a CFA. :stuck_out_tongue:

MY Motivation ----- To get another one of these: McLeod81 Level 1: Pass The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Multiple Choice Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Assets 12 - - * - Derivatives 12 * - - - Economics 24 - - * - Equity Analysis 24 - - * - Ethical & Professional Stnds. 36 - - * - Financial Statement Analysis 68 - - * - Fixed Income Analysis 24 - - * - General Portfolio Management 12 - - * - Quantitative Analysis 28 - - * Alright… I’m ready to start studying again.

Do you - (replace ur name) really want do the job that you are doing? Working on excel and listening to the crap (approp person -mostly your manager) gives. How do I prove I am better than this moron ?.. hmmmm - oh man, Didn’t think of CFA… awesome, lets do it…

I want to get my CFA so I can be a PM at an SRI fund and feel like I’m making a difference (at a hedge fund now, great learning but have SRI as a goal. Oh, and if something ever happened to my husband I want to have the means to care for our son. His little rosebud lips and fat thighs keep me going.

v.raghavan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Do you - (replace ur name) really want do the job > that you are doing? Working on excel and listening > to the crap (approp person -mostly your manager) > gives. How do I prove I am better than this moron > ?.. hmmmm - oh man, Didn’t think of CFA… > awesome, lets do it… which then gets you a job, working on excel and listening to the crap (your Managing Director) gives… sounds like a plan to me!