Moving Abroad for work

I’m curious if anyone on here has moved internationally for work and how they searched for jobs abroad or made connections. Currently I’m a level 3 candidate living in the US with almost 2 years experience in Portfolio Management and I’m really looking for opportunities in Europe and London more specifically with portfolio management or alternative investments. I’ve tried contacting the CFA london society for any contacts but with no success. I’m only 23 years old so my basic instinct is to get some international experience and do something different that I can learn from now rather than 10 years down the road with a family. Does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks.

I think you better off first apply for a local school there, given the fact that you are relatively young and inexperienced. Local firms don’t like to hire foreigners for junior positions, which makes sense since there are plenty of youngsters there. But if you get into a school then you are a resident and you get a lot more exposure. You don’t have to finish the school if you happen to lauch a dream job, or you can change your program from full time to part time. This way you get to work and also get an advanced degree.

Thanks Jes, I guess the alternative is land a job in the US with an international operation and try and move over through that.

If you have a cat, it would have to be quarantined if you move abroad. That’s a little cruel.